Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How do you rename tabs in V11? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cpolaritz
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:13:20 AM
I would like to change the name or title of an existing tab to something more meaningful, how can I do that?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:20:46 AM

Worden Trainer

I'm not sure what tabs are being referenced. You can can select Save Chart Template on the Chart to Save a Chart Template or give it a name (you would then need to Load the Chart Template to get the new name to show). You can right-click on the names of the Watchlist tabs in the secondary Watchlist and select Rename to adjust their names. If you mean something else, I will need additional clarification.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
cpolaritz
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:31:58 AM
Bruce, I am speaking of existing chart tabs. If I use a named template like "Guppy Chart" my tab created with that template will say "Guppy Chart", but if I use the standard "Blank Chart" my Tab will always show the symbol and the time frame (IBM - Daily). Sometimes I put in quite a bit of custom work on a tab and want to refer to it a glance and 5 charts all saying (IBM - Daily) does not give me much precision. Is there a way to just change a chart tab name, and what is the sequence to find it?  Thanks.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:34:14 AM

Worden Trainer

You need to Save the Chart Template as previously described. It doesn't have a name until it has been Saved. Then you would need to Load the Chart Template.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
cpolaritz
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:45:37 AM
So what your saying is if I want a special name on chart tab, I should save it as a template and then maybe delete the generic named tab and recreate that tab using the named template. Correct?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:49:07 AM

Worden Trainer

Yes, to get the name to change in the tab on the Chart, you would need to Save the Chart Template and then Add the renamed Chart Template. You would probably want to delete the blank version as well, but that would be optional.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles