Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

sessions between bars Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
accutrading
Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2005 7:59:34 PM
Is there a way to show or quickly find out on TC2005 how many trading sessions between any two bars? Will TC2005 add Fibonacci Vertical/Horizontal line drawing capabilities in the future? Thanks!

Dennis
Doug_H
Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2005 9:25:33 PM

Worden Trainer

There are never trading sessions between bars...just the number of sessions included in each bar (ie. daily bar, 2 day bar, 3 day bar, etc.). This can easily be viewed at the top of the chart in the data bar.

TeleChart has Fibonacci fans, arcs, and retracements. I have not heard whether any other capabilities will be added. If there are specific suggestions you have for an enhancement to the Fib analysis, feel free to post your suggestion in the Product Suggestions forum.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
accutrading
Posted : Monday, May 9, 2005 4:09:55 AM
Sorry, i think i didn't express my question clearly. For example, if i want to find out how many trading days between 12/15/2004 to 05/05/2005, how to do that quickly on tc2005?

I hope TC2005 has Fibonacci Time Zones drawing capabilities. Then my problem would be solved.

Thanks!
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 9, 2005 6:58:10 AM

Worden Trainer

I can't think of an ultra-quick built in method to find out how many trading days exist between two dates in TeleChart 2005, but I've done something similar to the following in the past:

Add a Custom Cumulative indicator to the top section of the chart with the following settings:

Smoothing Average: 1
Up Condition: C>0
Down Condition: C<0
Value to Add/Subtract: 1

Make sure mode is set to Daily.
View IBM because it is a stock with a long history, so price is always greater than zero.
Adjust the zoom and scroll the chart to get the dates displayed on the screen.
Hit the period key twice to get into pointer mode with the data box.
Select the dates and subtract the values from the data box.

It is not automatic, but doesn't take too long once the Custom Cumulative Indicator is set up. I’m sure somebody else can improve upon this method.

TeleChart 2005 does not have Fibonacci Time Zones, but I'll leave this topic here since you already put in a Product Suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
usertm
Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:21:13 PM
If you are looking for the number of days from the current bar the link below may be of some help Though I must admit I have not thought about applying this to Fib retracements so I am not sure it can be used in the method you want, but it may be worth a look.

Days Since Last Peak

Note to moderaters,
This thread may get more attention if posted under the PCFs section.

UserTM

(Note from moderater: Moved )
bustermu
Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2005 4:48:12 PM
Dennis,

Stretch a Linear Regression, LR, line between the closes of two bars. The period of the LR minus 1 is the number of bars from one to the other. If one LR will not stretch far enough, put them end-to-end.

Thanks,
Jim Murphy