Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

removed posts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pthegreat
Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 4:51:12 PM

Bruce, I was informed, and noticed this morning that posts are removed referencing a certain author's indicators. I understand that copyrights are there for a reason, and will respect that. 
However, I think there's a difference between basing a realcode indicator on formulas released by the author (eventhough the formulas are published in his books, and are available in the public domain), and formulas based on my own interpretation of certain indicators.
I did make a request in this forum over the weekend for some help on a realcode, which did not reference any author. But this request was removed as well. so my question is ; can I request for help on realcode based on formulas that do not reference in any way any author, but simply is an interpretation of certain aspects of a certain indicator, with parameters that are user adjustable?

dayrangers
Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:17:34 PM
Interesting just noticed this. pthegreat, can you contact me through this form please, http://dayrangers.com/contact
dayrangers
Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 9:24:34 PM
Actually if you read Perl's book on page xxvii it notes the following:

All DeMark indicators listed here are registered trademarks and are protected by U.S. trademark law. Any unauthorized use without the express written permission of Market Studies or Thomas DeMark is a violation of the law.

Makes sense, so basically to get a DeMark indicator with the "DeMark indicator" name you must go through an authorized partner (ie Market Studies, CGQ, Bloomberg, etc). In majorigty of our posts we noted the name of DeMark indicator hence it can be interpreted as infringing on the trademark held by Thomas DeMark and Market Studies. So going forward I am assuming it would be safe to post questions to a create an indicator but just don't the name if its a trademarked by Thomas DeMark and Market Studies. I assuming they just removed the post you referenced by accident. Since one of the posts I have which doesn't name the DeMark indicator but we discuss how to build it is still available. Its unfortunate since alot of valuable information was noted in those topics. Would be great if we just delete the reference to "DeMark indicator"and keep the general content there. I would volunteer to assist in that effort.