Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Ratio Plots with (Sub)Industries in Stockfinder Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
themick
Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:17:51 PM
I could use some help.  In Stockfinder, I add the comparison indicator to the price history pane, I chose SP-500 and it plots the price history of the stock from the watchlish and the SP-500 index.  I then click and drag the stock price history over the index and create a ratio comparison in a new pane.  As I click through the various stocks in the watch list the ratio plot changes with each stock.  When I try to do the same thing with the morningstar (sub)industry groups, the new pane is created, but as I click through the various stocks in the watchlilst, they ratio plot is locked into the original industry group used to create the plot and does not change as the stocks change.  Because this was originally done during market hours the possibility of the industry groups being updated end of day was a consideration, so I repeated this post market,  and the issue remains,  any help would be appreciated

themick
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 8:13:58 AM

Worden Trainer

So for the Industry, are you using the Industry Group Price History Indicator and then just Dragging and Dropping Price History onto the Industry Group Price History Indicator to create the Ratio?

If so, the name of the Ratio is not going to change. The name is assigned when the Ratio Indicator is created. The actual Industry being used in the calculations is changing however.

On another note, you can get the same Plot using the Symbol Relative Strength vs Industry Indicator. The result of the Ratio is just multiplied by 100 (I have no idea why). The name displayed for this Indicator will change as the Industry changes (because it was created differently and specifically designed to do so).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
themick
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 11:07:02 AM
Thanks Bruce that did the trick

themick
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 11:10:20 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce