Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Training Sessions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
donbetman
Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:13:49 AM
I find myself in Phoenix (Scottsdale) and I am signed up for this weekend's session.  I have had TC2007 for two years and the beta v11 from the beginning (fairly experienced but nowhere near so as the regs. on this forum).  Question, has anybody been to one and is it worth going?  It is free and the afternoon ($49) is free for me to as I am platnium.  Any opinions out there?

Don
3rdeye
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 5:39:57 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Don, you are likely to have more expeience than I do. And I haven't been to this particular forum.
But I have been to two others in the past, and found they were very well worth the time.

They will move very quickly and I found it all made so much sense.  Someone once said they gained a wealth of information and when they got home to try to put it into play most of it had been lost. Certainly was true in my case!  Fortunately they will keep notes for you and send via email all the pertinant info.
I'll bet you lunch you won't regret going.

3rd 
donbetman
Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:37:14 AM
3rd,

I don't regret going as you said.  If I would have just stayed for the AM session it would have been a complete waste of time as it was very very basic.  The vast majority of it was more than basic but stuff I use everyday.  In the afternoon (free as I am platinum) I got a few nuggets to bring home with me which I am happy about..  What was a little frustrating was a few guys in the audience had a little lack of PC training and asked a lot of beyond basic questions.  Eventually the instructor got frustrated too and asked that if they needed the information they should leave the room and ask the registration guys.  They never got up.  I am suppose to receive the emil of notes etc. today.  Hope another nugget is buried in them somewhere.

Don
3rdeye
Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:43:12 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

QUOTE (donbetman)
3rd,

I don't regret going as you said. 
Don

Does this mean you'll be buying lunch?  
donbetman
Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:38:31 PM
Waiting for my email.  Then maybe lunch.