Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Adding Price Channel to Telechart Gold charts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pmpmgmt
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 2:51:35 PM
I am having a problem adding Price Channels to my charts. I am opening the tap entitled "Chart Template" and then clicking on the "Add Indicator." A box then opens to the right with a number of options. I am then selecting and clicking the "Price Channel" at which point another box opens entitled "Price Channel Settings." In the options there I am selecting "visible." For the Smoothing Average I am selecting "Simple" and then putting 10 in the box to the right. For the "Width Multiplier" I am using 20. In the "Indicator Line Formula" box I put (H+L)2.In the "Channel Width Formula" box I put H-L.I am getting a Price Channel, but both the bottom and top lines are considerably above the Candlesticks. I went to "Support" and James referred me to you for a solution to this.How do I set this up so the Price Channel actually surrounds the price?
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:01:11 PM

Worden Trainer

Welcome to the forums. A very good foundation for learning how to use TeleChart can be gained by reviewing the following:

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

Try replacing:

(H+L)2

With:

(H + L) / 2

Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!
PCF Formula Descriptions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
pmpmgmt
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:11:46 PM
I am not new to TeleChart and have had no issues with any indicators or pcf that I have used until now. The issue now is simply how to plot a Price Channel around the price and not considerably above it.
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:19:36 PM

Worden Trainer

Have you tried my suggestion?

(H+L)2

Is not valid syntax and is probably being interpreted as either:

H + L

Or as:

(H + L) * 2

The first would be twice the midpoint of the Price Bar while the second would by four times the midpoint of the Price Bar. Your intent would seem to be to take the Moving Average of the Midpoint of the Price Bar to use as the centerline. If so, you should use:

(H + L) / 2

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles