Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

wow Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
LCRX
Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:07:03 PM
 I was in the middle of this I never saw my win/loss on my platform change so much so fast, I got rattled , anyone else?
traderm30
Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:15:26 PM
Same here. I was short on my positions two days ago, so fortunately I made money today. Too bad for the longs.
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:08:18 PM

Fortunately, I went long FAZ on 4/27 at .03 above the high of 4/26, it was a perfect tobydad, stop loss at 11.00. 4/27's action broke through the resistance trendline formed by the highs of 3/22, 3/31 and 4/19. I expect a run to at least 20 or so. We'll see from there. My only other long right now is ZN. They have holdings near the Levant Basin in Israeli waters. Sonar readings show the possibility of billions of barrels of oil and billions of cubic feet of natural gas. Israel could become an oil exporter on a level that would dwarf the rest of the middle eastern nations. (Hopefully our Pres. will pull his head out and figure out that the way he is trashing Israel is going to come back on us badly.)
LCRX
Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 12:06:14 AM
I got a bulletin from IB that trades between 14:40 and 15:00 est are cancelled if they meet a certain criteria. I had a profitable day, I wonder are they going to turn a win into a loss?
timsilverline
Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:03:06 AM
Let us know what happens.  I am very curious.  That would be pretty awful of IB.
LCRX
Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:24:22 PM
It turns out it didn't affect me, I didn't trade any of the stocks listed by IB during the time frame. According to IB what they were doing was handed down to them from the exchanges and it was not eligible for appeal. I was thinking I will put a gtc order for $1 for alot stocks when this happens again . I am convinced this was on purpose, market manipulation,by Soros and his like.A guy with the name hussain obama doesn't like Israel, go figure..........