Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

30 period linear regression line Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ponchomike
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:54:26 PM

I'm trying to write a combo condition that will look for divergences in price and TSV using a 30 period linear regression line.  The specific conditions I'm trying to find are:

I want the 30 bar linear regression line on price to be flat or moving down.  If I click on the 30 bar Linear Regression trendline and "Create Condition", then select "Moving Down", I see a blue bar that I can slide from "slowly" to Very Fast".  What is the blue telling me?  I want it to be flat to moving up quickly?  

I'm not sure what the other settings are for.  I assume the period is 30.  Should I set the Move period to 30 as well?

On my charts, I have a 30 bar linear regression trendline on price, and a second 30 bar linear regression trendline on TSV26.  Visually, I can identify charts where the price LR is flat or moving down, but the 30 bar LR on TSV is moving up.  

I know there is a Linear Regression slope indicator, but visually that doesn't work as well for me.

Mike