Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Unable to use Search Function on Boards: Get "An Error Occurred in the DataBase" Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sharkattak
Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:36:15 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Hi, Posted this problem on Bug Discussion Board but never got a response so trying here. I used to search the discussion boards frequently with excellent results. Past  few months, =>90% of the time I get no results, only "An Error Occurred in the Database". I haven't changed my OS or pc which suggests the problem may be in your search function. Please advise. Would LOVE to be able to search again...a very valuable tool. Thanks.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 9:00:38 AM

Worden Trainer

We are aware of the issue (I probably use the search feature more than anybody else). There's not a lot of advice I can give besides a few things that I have noticed. Limiting your search to 25 items and a single forum helps a lot. Searches to Match Exact Phrase seem far more likely to be successful than searches to Match All Words. Avoid common words if at all possible.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BobMc
Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 12:08:52 PM
Don't know whether this matters or not?!

If I tried to enter a search by just pressing "enter" I would almost always get that error message.  When I started clicking the "search" button I got results.

Regards

Bob Mc
sharkattak
Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:43:33 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Thx for replies, Bruce and Bob. Bob-tried click vs enter method, no diff for me, but appreciate the suggestion. Bruce, since this is a known problem, can I assume that tech is looking for a solution? Thx.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:35:45 AM

Worden Trainer

My last discussion of the forum software with management included the possibility of upgrading to a newer version of the software. I'm not sure when this might happen.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles