Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to Make this Block Diagram for New Watchlist Column? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
m_badger
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 12:18:10 AM
On an intraday 5-min chart I placed a DatePointer @ 10:00am on the last trading day.

I want a new watchlist column that will show the result of the percentage of volume the stock is trading today so far compared to the value of what the 23-Day SMA of Volume for the stock is so far on the day that the DatePointer sits on.

In other words, at 10:00am where DatePointer sits, how much is this stock trading compared to the last 23 days at 10am (on average)?  Is it trading twice the shares by 10am it does on avg by 10am?  Or half the shares?

In order to do this, one would need to:

1.  Figure out what timeframe the chart is in
2.  Figure out how many bars into the current day the DatePointer is set at (10am for a 5-min chart would be 6 bars in)
3.  Divide the number of bars into the current day the DatePointer is at by the total number of bars in a day for the timeframe setting.  (e.g. at 10am, the DatePointer is set at the 6th bar out of 78 for the day, so the day is about 7.7% over at the placement of the DatePointer)
4.  Take the result from #3, in my example its 7.7%, and multiply that by the 23-day SMA of volume.  This will give us the avg volume that this stock has done in the last 23 days after its 7.7% through the day.
5.  Take the cumulative volume so far for the day up-to-but-not-past the DatePointer, and divide this by the result from #4.  This will give us the % volume that the stock is trading at the placement of the DatePointer compared to what it has traded over the past 23 days, on average by that time (10am in our example).

The result of #5 is what I want to display on the watchlist column.

How do I build a block diagram to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance,
_mad
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:14:15 PM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to Open the attached Layout directly into a running copy of StockFinder. It uses the RealCode Volume Surge Indicator given in Above Average Volume.

Attachments:
m_badger42414.sfLayout - 38 KB, downloaded 507 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
m_badger
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:54:42 PM
Bruce,
Once again, Thank You.
Yet another +1 for Worden's support team.
_mad
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:55:53 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
thnkbigr
Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:19:45 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Bruce how is this different than Vol Buzz in FSC?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:04:09 AM

Worden Trainer

thnkbigr,
I really don't know. I doubt they can answer either (because they don't know how this one is calculated), but all questions, comments and suggestions related to FreeStockCharts.com should be addressed to:

feedback@freestockcharts.com

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles