Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stock Correlated to its Index/Sector Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
paul.meneghel
Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:19:21 PM
I am a new user of Telecharts/Stockfinder & am fumbling my way through what appears to be a very powerful pieces of software. What I am trying to determine is whether there is an Indicator, PCF etc available which will give me a list of stocks that mimic market sentiment & in particular stock that mimic the movements of the index/sector that they belong too. Its the old 75% of stocks follow the trend of their Indice rule however I was hoping for an indicator that will refine this generalisation somewhat. If an indicator or formulae code does not exist any advise about where I should go to get this info would be great. Unfortunately for now I have to much to learn before I even consider trying to write my own formulae etc. Anyway thanks for now.
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:01:17 AM

Worden Trainer

You might want to try using correlation in StockFinder. This should range from 1 to -1. Something that has an exact linear relationship to the comparison symbol should have a correlation of 1. Something that has an opposite linear relationship (slopes the opposite direction) should have a correlation of -1. Something that does not have a linear relationship should have a correlation of 0 (with a variety of degrees in between).

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder (and save it from within StockFinder if desired).

Attachments:
Correlation with Symbol.sfInd - 5 KB, downloaded 489 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
thnkbigr
Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:23:09 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Bruce is the correlation Block the r-Squared between symbol and a symbol?
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:40:35 AM

Worden Trainer

No, but they are related. R-Squared is generally the square of the Correlation Coefficient.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
rtoribio
Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:55:34 PM
Bruce, is it possible to show the code for this indicator? I like the way it handles the intermarket association with any index. I am a newbee, but maybe I can use the technique. Thank you!
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 1:18:33 PM

Worden Trainer

rtoribio,
The Code of the Correlation Block used in the Indicator is not currently accessible to end users.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles