Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

FUEL Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 1:13:56 AM

This one's gotten our attention in the past. It looks like it may be time to think about it again. 

Pickens thinks (or, at least, says) that oil will go to $300/barrel. 

A nice holding in FUEL will pay well I think in that instance.
jkelkar
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:11:47 AM
TD,

Do you even feel $300/barrel is in the realm of possibility? I am thinking deflation here.
 I don't know much of finance but deflation is what makes sense at this moment. Like Worden said, "I may turn on a dime".

-Jay
traderm30
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 9:37:27 AM
Well if oil does get that high that fast then as Roubini claims, expect a double dip recession. As most know the high oil prices was in part  of the reason that we toppled into a recession in the first place. Along with housing, credit, blah blah blah. There is absolutely no fundamental reason whatsoever for oil to go that high. Unless we have one helluva economic recovery. Which I doubt. If oil does get that high it can be attributed to speculation again. Pickens along with Buffet. Who the hell can believe anything they say anymore. Pickes may be right. But if he is forecasting that high, then obviously he stands to gain something. These guys are as bad as the politicians in DC.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 1:35:36 PM

Sure, my point was not to say that Pickens is right or wrong or that oil is going to $300; only that someone of note is saying that it will go to $300.  

Cash flow is my interest and if I own 30,000 shares of FUEL and it goes to even $1 or $1.50 then, how bad is that?
hiromj
Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:20:59 AM
Pickens is really pushing NG and has been badmouthing oil for a while. He is working with the government to make the change from oil to NG. Just scare tactics. But, As you said Tobydad, If FUEL goes to $1 or $1.50, how bad can that be?
hiromj
Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:27:37 AM
Just looked at FUEL and it looks like there has baan a lot of accumulation in the past few days. Looks ready to pop. There is a lot of room here as the high (in 1999) was 8.69 and the low (February)  was 0.10. Looms good on a monthly and may be worth buying some LEAPS.
hiromj
Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:29:12 AM
No options.
hiromj
Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 11:14:45 PM
QUOTE (hiromj)
Just looked at FUEL and it looks like there has baan a lot of accumulation in the past few days. Looks ready to pop. .

Sure did pop.