Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Integrity of Watchlists Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
stock-chartist
Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 10:25:12 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Is there any way of maintaining the integrety of the membership of individual stocks in personal watchlists in Telechart?  I find that  stocks either are added or deleted from personal watchlists at random times for inexplicable reasons.  For example, I may have added Stock A to List 12 and 5 weeks later, Stock A winds up in List 3.  I have close to 260 watchlists (for IPO years, ETF categories, IBD Industry Groups, various personal portfolios, etc.) an it's very disconcerting when I continually need to go to the Active Stock command and clean up the watchlist Membership boxes.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw in the software?
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 10:36:57 AM

Worden Trainer

I don't recall ever seeing this happen in my installation of TeleChart. I've had symbols disappear from a Personal Watchlist when they were delisted, but I don't remember ever having a symbol spontaneously appear in a Personal Watchlist. Please contact technical support.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-9PM and Saturday 9AM-3PM ET except holidays) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 during business hours.

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
StockGuy
Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 10:49:14 AM

Administration

If a stock is de-listed and removed from the TeleChart system it will be removed from your watchlists. Also, if a stock changes symbols it would change in  your list as well.

Not trying to overstate the obvious but there are deletions and changes every day and wanted to make sure you knew this.