Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Easy Scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Twinkletoes
Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 9:16:04 AM

Maybe u could clarify one or two things regarding Easy Scan

When i create an Easy Scan transfer to a WATCH-LIST  my watchlist is FIXED with stocks i transfer ... in otherwords when i do update next day i still got same stocks 

The question is how do i find different stocks each day using that EASY SCAN ...

Thanks in advance 

TT
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 9:23:06 AM

Worden Trainer

You don't tranfer an EasyScan to a Watchlist. An EasyScan is a Watchlist where the membership varies based on the results of the EasyScan Conditions. You would choose the EasyScan as the Active Watchlist to view its components.

Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria

It is possible to use the Sub List feature to create a list of symbols that is in both the Active Watchlist and the Watchlist specified for the Sub List. If this Sub List is an EasyScan and the EasyScan's Watchlist to Scan is set to All Items in System (or if the Active Watchlist is entirely a sub group of the EasyScan's Watchlist to Scan), the resulting Sub List will be the components of the Active Watchlist that also meet the EasyScan Conditions.

Techniques for using the Sublist feature

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Twinkletoes
Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:05:25 PM
I learnt one thing from one of videos tht was how to create a sub list 

In first video i had followed STEPS as per what Doug had done in transferring stocks to another watch list .... i still cannot  get my easy scan to find new trades with conditions ...  i will persevere to see if i can get my head round this thanks anyway 

TT
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 3:16:56 PM

Worden Trainer

When you create an EasyScan, it is the EasyScan itself that will have the filtered list. It's not the Watchlist upon which you base the EasyScan. So you will need to select the EasyScan as the Active Watchlist to find the symbols that meet your EasyScan Conditions.

If you are selecting the EasyScan and it is producing the same results as the original Watchlist upon which it is based, what are you using as your EasyScan Conditions?

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles