Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How do I plot the mov. avg of the price bar high and of price bar low Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
piyushk
Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:37:01 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

How do I plot the mov. average of the price bar high(10 period) and of price bar low(8 period)?

I also want to scan for symbols that have closed outside this envelope fo 2 consecutive days.

Thanks.
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:58:18 AM

Worden Trainer

The Indicator Realcode topic contains instructions for creating a Moving Average of a Bar component Indicator from the basic Moving Average Indicator in the Web Library.

If the assumptions are made that the 10-Period Moving Average of the High will always be at or above the 8-Period Moving Average of the Low and that closed above for 2 consecutive days or closed below for 2 consecutive days is the same as closed outside for 2 consecutive days, you can create the Rule as follows:

- Drag and Drop Price History onto the MA of the High and select Create Rule.
-- Above MovAvg 10
-- True 2 of 2 Bars
- Drag and Drop Price History onto the MA of the Low and select Create Rule.
-- Below MovAvg 8
-- True 2 of 2 Bars
- Drag and Drop the two Rule you just created onto each other and select Create New Combo Rule.
- Give it a Name.
- Change the And to an Or and select OK.

These assumptions are both bad however and I've created a RealCode Rule called piyushk38945 that does not make them along with creating the Drag and Drop Rules above for comparison purposes. You should be able to Open the attached Chart directly into a running copy of StockFinder.

Attachments:
piyushk38945.sfChart - 86 KB, downloaded 165 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles