Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How Don Worden Uses Scans & Sorts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ucsense
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:13:44 PM
I just discopvered this page. However, it was dated about 100 years ago and now seems to be obsolete. Is there an update as I would like to use this as one of my Easy Scans?

Thank you for your assistance.

ucsense
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:27:07 PM

Worden Trainer

If you are talking about How Don Worden Uses Scans & Sorts, it is from June 1, 1998 (I'm not aware of an update). My reading would seem to indicate it isn't about creating a particular EasyScan. It's about how an EasyScan can develop from a free flowing thought process.

QUOTE (Don Worden - The Worden Report - Thursday, December 27,2007)
Here is the point. The Worden Report is an ongoing demonstration of techniques you can apply with Telechart. You don't need to keep the same lists I do. Deciding what you want in a WatchList is up to you. You will gain far more by working out your own approaches. If you know what you want and can't figure out how to do it, Support is sitting there waiting for your questions on using Telechart to its fullest.

Anything I do in the Worden Report is subject to change and experimentation. Trying to copy me in precise detail would probably result in confusion. I suggest you pay attention to what I do, then personalize it and improve it. That is the road to the Roundtable and to confidence as a trader.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
AyrLass
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:49:33 PM
Peter mentions his PCF for TSV and BOP in his Chart Notes.  Has it been published?  I use these indicators when scanning for stocks to buy or sell but I find them in other scan results and would like to know how he sets it up or something about how to get started creating something similar.
Margaret.
StockGuy
Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 10:57:44 AM

Administration

Peter doesn't usually publish his personal scan formulas.  Some have been released along with the Winning Stock Selection Simplified video series, but he doesn't typically discuss his daily scans.
AyrLass
Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 6:31:38 PM
QUOTE (StockGuy)
Peter doesn't usually publish his personal scan formulas.  Some have been released along with the Winning Stock Selection Simplified video series, but he doesn't typically discuss his daily scans.

Yes, I know that.  I think I have every CD free and for purchase ever available.  I was intrigued when I read " using my usual TSV and ...? ...   sort"  (Sorry, I can't recall exactly what he had in that Note or which stock it was about to take time to go back and find it.)  I wondered if I had missed something.  I come here so seldom I don't know my way around the pages.  Forgive me!  But I always find something I had not thought of trying.
I stumbled on your reply to me looking for a refresher on the two indicators I use most in my final decision- making, TSV and MS - BOP comes earlier.  I found a few questions and responses that are interesting and then stumbled in here without specifically looking for it.
To all the beginners grapling with this software - it is confusing because there is so much of value, more than can be learned quickly.  Browse through these Discussion pieces, but don't get lost in them.  Have a focus.  
Decide on a scan that brings up stocks with features you want in an investment, then use the indicators to sort the results out.  Think as you go, look for clues.  MAvgs for trend direction, volatility - good for short term or long term - do you think, etc.  Sometimes I find one that looks great, then notice eventually as I debate the strength or weakness, a flaw.  Something that turns me off.
There is no royal road to success you have to work at it.  That's a quote from my grade school teacher.  You will be amazed how much you can do with this software and you don't have or even want to know it all before you feel ready to start.  News affects everything too.  Good luck to you all, especially to those who are struggling to learn.  Stick with it.  It really works and don't forget this is as fretful a time as I have ever experienced.  I'm trying to learn how to keep my balance.  Using telechart helps a lot.
Thanks StockGuy!