Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Linear Regression Scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
marco808
Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 2:15:50 PM
I've loaded this indicator How do I add SD lines to the Lin Reg Trendline?.
Scanning for for prices crossing the bottom or middle of the channel does not seem to work. When I add a rule like, "Price crossing the centerline", the scan stalls at 0%. Is such a scan possible?
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 7:26:42 PM

Worden Trainer

I've created RealCode versions of TeleChart style Linear Regression Channels and Moving Linear Regression Channels that seem to work as Drag and Drop Rules to Scan WatchList.

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder (and save it from within StockFinder if desired).

You should be able to Copy and Paste the Price History into the Panes containing these Indicators. You can also Drag and Drop the Indicators into the Price History Pane but you will need to select Scaling | Scaling With | Price History for all three of the Plots making up the Indicator to have it Plot correctly with the Price History if you do so.

The Period, Extension and Point to Plot settings have the same meanings as in TeleChart. The Width setting in TeleChart is in tenths, so you will need to divide the Width value used in TeleChart by ten to get the value to use as the Width setting in these Indicators. If TCwidth is True they will use the Linear Regression Width calculations used by TeleChart, otherwise they will use Standard Deviation instead. If Moving is True, the TCwidth calculations will use the Width for Moving Linear Regression Channels, otherwise it will use the width for the Linear Regression Line Channels (this has no effect if the TCwidth setting is not True as well).

Attachments:
TC LR Channel.sfIndRC - 11 KB, downloaded 961 time(s).
TC MLR Channel.sfIndRC - 11 KB, downloaded 877 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
marco808
Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:17:43 AM
Thanks for the quick reply as always. Seems to work fine.
beartoe
Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:08:48 PM
Hi Bruce,Is this suppose to work in StockFinder 5? I’m not able to get it to run. Can you please let me know.Thanks,beartoe
beartoe
Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:11:37 PM
nevermind....I got it.Thanks :)
tarabia1
Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:00:29 PM
As with "beartoe" I can't seem to get these files to run. Please advise.

Thanks in advance
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:31:37 PM

Worden Trainer

They both load just fine for me in StockFinder 5 (and beartoe got them to work in SF5 as well). What steps are you taking and what happens?

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
BDRPPLIR
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:07:57 AM
Apologies for not knowing how to add these files to SF5 I have saved them to my desktop but dont see an import new files / indicators button. How do I add them?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:11:28 AM

Worden Trainer

When you click on them in the forums you should be able to Open the file instead of downloading it. If your file associations are setup correctly, this should automatically load the file into a running copy of StockFinder. You can then Save the file once it is loaded.

If this doesn't work, you should save or copy the files into the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder and then load it like you would any other Indicator.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
BDRPPLIR
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:43:03 AM

thanks Bruce. I copied the files in to myindicators as suggested but when I add the indicator LRC in SF5 it opens in a separate panel below the price pane. How do I get it to address the price data?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:49:33 AM

Worden Trainer

Drag and Drop the LR Channels onto Price History (onto the indicator itself, not just into the pane) and select Overlay with Price History.

Working with Indicators

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
BDRPPLIR
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:02:10 AM
Thanks Bruce now sorted. 1 last question the LRC comes set at width 3.0 what is the measurement scale? For example how do I set to 1 or 2 standard deviations?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:32:53 AM

Worden Trainer

By default, TCwidth is True. This uses the calculations outlined in the Linear regression channel calculations topic (except that width is specified in actual multiples instead of tenths as in TC2000 version 7). If you change TCwidth to False, the result will be in multiples of Standard Deviation instead.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles