Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tarabia1
About
User Name: tarabia1
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 70
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Ranking Fundamentals for a scan
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2015 12:46:01 PM

I've set up a scan with a few basic fundamentals with no results. I've set the paramaters broadly and have experimented with different values with no luck.  Is there a site on version 12 where I can review the ranking methods that are used. Webinars or other would be fine.

Thank You

Topic: Heiken Ashi diff
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:58:24 AM

The first  HA Open is (O+C)/2 because at that point there is no previous HA Open. It seems that an "if...then" would solve this problem but I'm not familiar enough with Worden PCF's to work this out. Thinkorswim has a command titled "CompareValue" which allows for the first data in the series to not be a previous value. Do PCF's have a similiar command? Also, am I wrong in assuming that in your formula for HA Open the OHLC should be added instead of subtracted?

Thank You

Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:16:24 AM

HA Close = ( O+H+C+L)/4

HA Open = (previous HA Open + previous HA Close)/2

HA Diff = The Diff between the HA Close and the HA Open

I'm trying to formulate a plot for the HA Diff but on a standard candlestick chart.  The HA Close is straightforward, but a problem arises with the HA Open because it requires a previous HA Open.This is not readily available on a standard candlestick chart. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:36:19 AM

OK Thank You

Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 7:25:44 PM

I'm using a HeikenAshi price plot and I know there is a ' Heiken Ashi Diff' indicator which is basically a 3 day moving average of the plot -- I think. any info or help would be greatly appreciated on its availability in Tc 2000 or point me to how I can get started in trying a PCF.

Thanks in advance

Topic: Commodity Indices
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:34:35 PM
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:34:00 PM

The RS keeps plotting the SPY as the comparison symbol regardless of how I set it up. The SPY is not checked off as the comparison symbol on the symbol list.

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:51:07 AM

Got another question. How would I go about constucting a ratio chart using the CRB and any given treasury bone?

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:27:31 AM

Bruce and BSW

Thank you so much

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:20:29 AM

I had tried CRYO but , unless I'm missing something, it is not available.