Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Indicators: Hindenburg Omen & 25-day upside/downside volume oscillator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wpeary
Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:47:48 PM
Do you have or can you make available the following indicators which I've not seen on either Telechart or Stockfinder:  
1)  Hindenburg Omen indicator which is based on the number of 52 week highs vs lows to signal impending corrections.
2)  25-day upside/downside volume oscillator.

Also, the Volume Price Confirmation Indicator (VPCI) was recently added to Stockfinder but I'm still not sure it's calculating correctly after catching and error in the calculation with Jerry Gerding last week.  Could someone check the calculations again?  It's rather complicated with four different inputs.  Thank you.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:01:42 AM

Worden Trainer

I can't think of any practical automated method of constructed the Hindenburg Omen Indicator in TeleChart. While it might be possible to construct a Hindenburg Omen Indicator in StockFinder, only the current values would be correct since the components used would all be current stocks (past values would be affected by survivor bias).

You may need to explain the 25-day upside/downside volume oscillator, but if it is calculated by taking the volume of the advancing issues and subtracting the volume of the declining issues over the last 25-Trading Days, you might want to try using the following Custom Indicator on T2104 (Cumulative Volume Index):

Plotting Custom Indicators with Examples
Worden’s Market Indicators (T2s)

Select Chart Template | Add Indicator | Indicator.
- Visible: Checked
- Center Zero Line: Checked
- Plot using price scale: Unchecked
- Smoothing Average: 1
- Average Type: Doesn't matter (because the Smoothing Average is 1)
- Indicator Formula: C - C25

I've attached a Chart with RealCode and Block Diagram based VPCI Indicators. The Block Diagram version is actually broken down into its three components (VPC, VPR and VM) as well. They match.

Attachments:
wpeary37847.sfChart - 81 KB, downloaded 460 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles