Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Hull moving average rules Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bsielaff
Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:49:45 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

In Stockfinder, I have attempted to create a rule to show when a short Hull MA crosses up over a Hull MA of a longer duration, and another rule when the short crosses down through the longer Hull MA, but the program only lets me compare them, not create a rule. Why is that? I can create the above scenario with SMA's, EMA's, a FMA's, but not HMA's. Any thoughts?

Bruce
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 10:28:36 AM

Worden Trainer

Are you using the RealCode Hull Moving Average from Hull Moving Average? If so, it reads like you are not Plotting the Hull Moving Averages on the same Scale (and probably not with Price). Right-click on the Hull Moving Average and select Scaling | Scale With | Price History for each of your Hull Moving Averages.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bsielaff
Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 1:04:33 PM

Bruce,

Now I am really confused. I don't see a menu item "Price History' on the Scale/Scale With/ menu. But when I go to Scale/Edit the shorter HMA shows price history as checked in the "Items to include in Scale" as well as the short HMA and the long HMA. The same Scale/Edit screen for the long HMA shows the same thing. Should I uncheck the long HMA in the short HAM edit box and vice versa or only leave Price History as the checked box?

Bruce

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 1:28:21 PM

Worden Trainer

If you are select Scaling | Edit instead of Scaling | Scale With, you would want Price History and both Hull Moving Averages checked. As long as that is True (they are Plotted on the same Scale), I am able to select both Create Rule as well as Create Indicator when Dragging and Dropping one of the Hull Moving Averages onto the other Hull Moving Average. When this is not the case, I am only able to select Create Indicator (there is no Create Indicator option).

If this doesn't answer the question, please Share your Layout so we can try and figure out why it doesn't work for you.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bsielaff
Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 2:32:59 PM

Thanks, Bruce! That did it.  And I'll try to remember that both MA's and Price History need to be checked in the Scaling/Edit screen.

Best regards,

Bruce

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 2:46:35 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles