Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Breakouts and Breadth Groupings... Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BestQuest
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 12:12:46 AM
The following in blue is the text of an email I sent to support2@worden.com for forwarding to Don Worden on 7/24/08, almost three months ago and to which I never received any reply.  Several weeks after I sent it, your Director of Customer Service resubmitted my email to Mr. Worden and, as far as I know, never received a reply himself.  If one of the trainers here could answer the questions I posed in this email or find someone who can, I would very much appreciate it.

Don:

In tonight’s (Thursday, July 24, 2008) Worden Report you refer to “breakouts”.  What criteria do you use to determine “breakouts,” both to the upside and the downside?

You also reference, as you frequently do, the “17 Breadth Groupings”.  What are the “17 Breadth Groupings”?

Please let me know about this as soon as you have a chance.

Look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you in advance for your time and assistance here…

Regards,

BestQuest

Hope to hear from someone on this soon and many thanks in advance for your help here...

BestQuest
StockGuy
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 9:09:51 AM

Administration

As stated in the 2/13/2008 Worden Report, Mr. Worden does not publish the breadth groupings he uses nor the major averages he uses in his daily market assessment.  

There are several lists you can use to measure breadth in TeleChart.  We publish component lists of the Standard & Poors 500, 100, the  Nasdaq 100, the Russell 1000, 2000 and 3000. You can measure the  Price/Volume relationships of any or all of these list to get the same feel for what the market is doing.

I'll see what I can find out about breakouts.
StockGuy
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 12:25:59 PM

Administration

Don doesn't reveal the formula he uses for the breakouts.