Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

RSMA versus RS (SP-500) Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
piyushk
Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:22:38 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I am plotting RSMA in one pane, and trying to duplicate it using RS vs SP-500 in another pane, and can't do it.  I can't find an explanation of the details/setting of the RSMA indicator in the indicator library, so I figured I can reverse engineer it to determine what it is.  

I am trying this so I can use RS vs SP-500 with varying length EMA's, to scan for crosses.  RSMA seems to have a fixed time period to which the RS is measured.  Using RS vs (symbol), one can change the time period at will, then plot moving averages of the RS vs (symbol) line.  Is this better than using the RSMA choice in the Indicators library?
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:40:27 AM

Worden Trainer

Add RSMA straight from the library as is.

Now add RS vs. Symbol from the library.  Add two moving averages to it from the library and give them the same settings as your RSMA lines have.  Make sure your RSMA and RS have the same comparison symbol.

RSMA is just two moving averages of a relative strength line.  The indicator we built in the library does not show the underlying RS indicator. 

- Craig
Here to Help!