Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Can Blocks Identify Support and Resistance Levels and Trendlines Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BestQuest
Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:00:45 PM

Hello.  I'm a TCPlatinum user and am considering using Blocks on an end-of-day basis.  I'm especially interested in knowing whether Blocks can:

1) identify levels of support and resistance, and

2) identify trendlines.

In the case of 1) I'd be looking for 2 or more pivot lows or highs occurring at roughly the same price over a specified period of time and with a specified minimum/maximum amount of time between the pivots.  In the case of 2), I'd be looking for straight lines that connect 2 or more points that occur very close to a set of pivot highs or lows (the user would set how how close those points would have to be to the pivots), again over a specified period of time and with a specified minimum/maximum amount of time between the points.

Can Blocks be used to do this and, if so, how?

Look forward to hearing from someone on this soon and many thanks in advance for any help that anyone may be able to offer here...

Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:55:36 AM

Worden Trainer

Once you hammered out vagueness like "at roughly the same price", "that occur very close to a set" you could create indicators that identified your points.  I don't know of a way to have Blocks draw trendlines, though.  You can draw them manually, of course.

- Craig
Here to Help!