Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

f tabs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tsatte
Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 9:27:58 PM
The lastest posting on the Worden Report talks about the "f tab".  I have gone to help and checked under f tab and under tab and find nothing.

Would you please explain?

Thanks

Tom
amberpax
Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 10:23:32 PM
tsatte,

On the top of your keyboard you have keys F1 through F12. Pressing any one will open a corresponding window.
-amberpax
tsatte
Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 7:38:33 PM
HI:

Thanks for the reply, however, i can click on any or all of the fkeys and absolutely nothing happens.  Is it a two key click or what is wrong?

thanks

Tom
StockGuy
Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 9:45:50 PM

Administration

Function keys are assigned to chart templates for easier retrieval of frequently used templates.  You have to assign them to templates in the indicator editor.
tsatte
Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:55:19 PM
HI:

My question about the "f" keys states that the function keys are assigned to chart templates but I simply have no idea what that means. 

The lastest Worden Report tells us to set one of the "f" tabs to 9 days. So, I am back to my original questions about what these are and how to use them.  If you search the emails I sent and your replys you will see that I was told to do several things and I explained nothing works. 

So, can you help with this problem and why I can't simply go to the index and find a reference to "f" tabs for some answers.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 7:58:22 AM

Worden Trainer

tsatte,
You won't find "f tabs" in the index because it is not actually a term defined or officially used by Worden Brothers to describe the assignement of a Chart Template to a Function Key. It is a descriptive term that was more accurate with older versions of TeleChart that actually had twelve Chart Tabs than it is today (since you are no longer limited to twelve Chart Templates and because they are no longer displayed or selected using Tabs running along the top of the Chart).

When you first install TeleChart, twelve Chart Templates are assigned to the F1-F12 Function Keys, but you can change or eliminate these assignments. If you select Chart Template | Edit, there will be a button in the lower left hand corner that allows you to Change Hot Key or Set Hot Key. Once this is done, pressing the Hot Key assigned to that Chart Template should bring up that Chart Template if TeleChart is the program with focus when the Hot Key is selected.

If selecting a Hot Key while TeleChart is the active program does not bring up the Chart Template assigned to that Hot Key there is likely a program running in the background that has priority over the Hot Key assignments (the most common configuration I've seen where this happens is when TeleChart is run on a Mac using certain emulators for example, but any number of programs could have higher priority access to the Hot Keys on a computer).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles