Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

about the channels in the worden report Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nithiya01
Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 6:32:55 AM
dear trainers,
in the daily worden report he most of the time mention about the up or down channel could u explain it to me please and also could u tell me whats the chart template is he using to analyse those indecies please
thanx in advance
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 10:31:37 AM

Worden Trainer

Are you talking about a particular Worden Report? If so, the date of the Worden Report would be helpful. You can copy Don Worden's Templates from the Notes he makes on most trading days. You may wish to review the following:

Organizing Your Thoughts with Personal Notes
Viewing Notes in TeleChart
Customize your charts using Chart Templates
Adding, removing and saving indicators to a chart template

The trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
nithiya01
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:04:43 PM
hi bruce
on 10/26/07 he wrote " With all those stocks going up, there were no changes in the chart patterns of the Dow and SP-500 (not to be confused with the Trend Classifications in the Table). They both remain well below those up-channels they fell out of on October 19. This bounce in an attempt to kiss the channel goodbye is perfectly normal and happens more often than not. It does not represent a bullish change of character.
     The Composite Nasdaq crawled back up into the channel. It did so on somewhat lighter volume, and it has negative " not only on this day he almost  mention about the channel on every report of him.so could you explain how the channel are analysed .
thank u
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:14:21 PM

Worden Trainer

Please view Don Worden's note for DJ-30 on 10/26/2007 04:39 PM ET. You can view the Chart with the Linear Regression Channel and even copy the Chart Template used (the topics referenced in my first response explain how in more detail).

I cannot tell you how to interpret the chart because the trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. You may wish to review the following for more information on Linear Regressions:

Linear Regression
Moving Linear Regression
Spotting trend changes using linear regression channel sorts
Using Linear Regression Sorts to Help Spot Divergences
Using Linear Regression vs Classical Peaks/Valleys for Divergence Analysis
Linear regression channel calculations

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
nithiya01
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:18:03 PM
i was asking about his end of day report about the market as a whole not individual stocks.

thank you
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:26:08 PM

Worden Trainer

Have you looked at the note?

My reading of the Friday, October 26, 2007 Worden Report and your quote from it is that the channels being referenced are channels on the DJ-30, SP-500 and QQQQ. The DJ-30 and QQQQ notes for October 26th seem directly related to the Worden Report for that date. You might note that all of these symbols are related to an index and not an individual stock.

I will re-iterate that the trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
nithiya01
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:06:57 PM
hi bruce
thanx a lot for ur answers i found it very useful. it was a mistake by me i dint see the early response from you for the same question,please accept my apologise.
thanx again
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:11:11 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome and no apology necessary (I certainly wasn't upset).  I'm happy to read you found my answers useful.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
nithiya01
Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:15:45 PM
i appreciate that