Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Is there a method for determining and sorting on dividends? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
DETOVREA
Posted : Monday, February 7, 2005 11:31:32 PM
I guess the subject says it all. However, I shall try to add a bit to my question. Many stocks and ETFs pay monthly, quarterly, and /or yearly dividends. Are they included in the "fundamental" data associated with the equities in TC200x? If so, how are they to be accessed and sorted upon? I've not seen any references to looking at yields, but they are vital to many of us elderly people to aid in choosing which stock to hold and provide a good income to augment our Social Security receipts.
Detovrea
spread
Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2005 11:11:03 PM
i've had luck looking at cefs and comparing NAV s to Mkt prices . Very subjective but finding a sector or bundle that has a Nav higher than Mkt and some BOP
as well as TSV ( although I have considered a neg tsv as a cyclical opportunity in these cases) Think these corp Equity Cefs will climb as interest rates go up. Compare late 90's to current Mkt
spread
Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2005 11:15:24 PM
Guess I missed your Dividend question .
The div might come down on some of these etfs or cefs as the Mkt approaches the NAV ( or passes it )
But you can protect a capital gain vs the Div if you control your stops I may be looking this a different way. hope it helps
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:37:44 AM

Worden Trainer

Dividend Yield and Dividend Growth Rate 5-year are conditions already in the system. You can scan or sort based on either.

- Craig
Here to Help!