Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Blocks seminar in Anaheim, notes by Craig Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sdang00123
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:48:56 AM
On page 4 I applied MA 50 and MA 100 OK. When I was trying to go to VS Moving averages folder, I was to click on Strategy (Right of watchlist) I do not see strategy. Can you refer to your page 4 and 5 of the notes and tell me what I am doing wrong.

I loved the conference and it appeared very easy when you were performing the functions.

Please help

Surinder Dang Very new to block.
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:53:37 AM

Administration

Make sure you are running Blocks 2.0. If not, you can install it from http://www.blocks.com
maxhrush
Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:16:46 AM
QUOTE (StockGuy)
Make sure you are running Blocks 2.0. If not, you can install it from <a>http://www.blocks.com</a>

In my case I AM running Blocks 2.0 and share the confusion in sdang00123's post.

To get very specific the Anaheim Notes read.... "Ok... back to the class. To scan for crossovers in the last 10 days click the Strategy tab to the right of the Watchlist tab on the left (it is just above the Company Name column)"

NO WHERE (to the right, or otherwise) is there a "Strategy" tab. To the right of the WatchList tab is a small icon associated with the word "BackScan," followed on the right by a small down arrow, followed by a green funnel icon.

Playing around it looks like Craig may have meant "BackScreen" tab when he used the term "Strategy" tab in the notes. . . since when I make that assumption,I can continue to follow the sample.

I too was very confused. . . and was very disappointed with a response that suggested we were likely using the wrong version... WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS that in the correct version there is NO "STRATEGY" tab.

That said, I really appreciated the class, and all in all found the notes helpful as far as they went. In my own case, however, the notes stopped right were I need them most... the "Rest of the Day" part. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MY OWN NOTES, but relied on the promise that I would not need them. The downloads are nice, but without notes using them remains a real challege for an old timer trying to move fromt he best of the past Telechart to the best of the new Blocks.

Proof reading, this may sound a bit more critical than I intend. The Blocks learning curve is verfy steep --- which is very understandable considering its flexible design. The lack of basic "how to documentation" is very frustrating.

maxhrush
maxhrush
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 11:58:28 AM
QUOTE (maxhrush)
[quote=StockGuy]Make sure you are running Blocks 2.0. If not, you can install it from &lt;a&gt;http://www.blocks.com&lt;/a&gt;

Now it all comes together.

I recall Craig mentioning that for most of the day he was using an unreleased update.

This weekend Build 31 was releasedand - and the BackScanner tab was renamed to "Strategy."

maxhrush