Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

simple (I think) blocks question Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mlsignups
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:20:46 PM
just downloaded and subscribed to the blocks strategy product. as a method of teaching myself I'd like to start by building watchlists based on different scan criteria.

i suppose this should be pretty easy but is there a way to create a watchlist based on certain basic criteria. For instance, if I wanted to say "give me a list of all stocks with close over $1 and float < 60 M shares and sales growth from quarter over quarter (prior year) > 25%" can you explain how I would create and potentially save this watchlist of stocks?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 2:40:07 PM

Worden Trainer

A BackScan is built by adding individual BackScan Conditions to the BackScan one at a time. The Fundamental conditions in your BackScan are created using Hemscott Financials | Criteria Raw History Value. Left-clicking on each BackScan Condition brings up QuickEdit and allows you to choose the desired Hemscott Criteria and adjust the settings.

To only view items currently meeting your conditions, you will want to select BackScan | Scan Only and Watchlist | Scan Results after running the BackScan for the Watchlist.

Please download the attached .bscan file to:

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\BackScan

Once downloaded, you should be able to select BackScan | Open BackScan | My Computer to access it.

You may wish to review the following:

Customizing with Properties
Your First 3 Block Diagrams

Attachments:
mlsignups22826.bscan - 9 KB, downloaded 516 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles