Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Alligator Oscillator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
webginn
Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:08:23 PM
In adding The Alligator Oscillator to a chart in Blocks Player, I can't get 2 connections to work. I'm using the diagrams from Bruce L. on October 4, 2006 and September 7, 2006. I am working with the Chart Lips and Chart Jaw properties box. The connections are from the "Multiply By Value" block to the "Numeric Plot" and from the "Numeric Plot" to the "Rate of Change". I also cannot get a connection between "LessThanValue" and "T/F Color" in the same properties window. The prior chart with the Chart Jaw and Chart Teeth works fine.
webginn
Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:26:01 PM
Okay, now I have gotten all the connections fixed. On the Lips/Jaw Oscillator, I guess it's okay for an output arrow to connect to 2 different input arrows. So the "Multiply by Value" output arrow is now connected to both the "Numeric Plot" and the "Rate of Change." It seems there were 2 choices for "T/F Color" and I had chosen the wrong one. My one remaining problem is the oscillator itself isn't right as there are gaps between the green and red bars.

I have been successful with the Awesome Oscillator. That seems to be okay. Won't know until I compare it with some charts.
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:59:32 PM

Worden Trainer

A lot of Blocks and features have been added to Blocks since alligator and Bill Williams Gator Oscillator were first posted. Please save the attached .bWorks file to the following folder (it requires Blocks version 2):

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Workspaces

You can then open the Workspace via your FILE menu (Open Workspace then My Computer).

If you want, you can replace the Bar Offset Blocks in the Jaw, Teeth and Lips with the Shifted Line Plot Custom Code Block from alligator. This would allow them to extend past Price.

Attachments:
Bill Williams.bWorks - 98 KB, downloaded 936 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
webginn
Posted : Friday, June 1, 2007 9:38:14 PM
Thanks, Bruce. I have downloaded Blocks 2.0 and the workspace and it looks great. I may replace the Bar Offset Blocks with the Shifted Line Plot Custom Code Block as you suggested. I spent a lot of time constructing the workspace in Blocks Version 1.3.34, and the new Version 2.0 seems much more streamlined. But I really did learn a lot from all of this.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2007 11:33:56 AM

Worden Trainer

I'm happy to read you like it. I think it is good to try and put together something fairly complicated like this on your own. You learn a lot. The only reason I put together the Workspace was because there were so many things I could do better or differently because of the changes in Blocks.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
AgnosticTrader
Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 1:19:51 PM

Anys chance of updating this for Blocks 3.0 (63)?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 9:48:48 AM

Worden Trainer

Mindraider,
I've shared a Chart using RealCode Paint Brushes to color the Indicators:

Select Share | Charts.
Type Bill Williams in the Search line and select Search.
Select the Bill Williams Chart.
Select Open.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
AgnosticTrader
Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:31:33 PM

I grabbed it. Thanks!
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:02:51 AM

Worden Trainer

Maindraider,