Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

blocks hotkey Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jmr
Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 4:39:24 PM
Can you discribe how I setup a hot key to go to my chartlist and select the chart I want , similar to using the pf keys in telechart? Looking at the hotkey manager it was not obvious how to open the workspace and get to my charts.
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:40:49 AM

Worden Trainer

I am not aware of a method of assigning a Hot Key to Blocks Player itself. The Hot Key Manager in Blocks Player is designed around assigning Hot Keys to the Workspaces within Blocks Player.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jmr
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:34:45 AM
Bruce I am not sure what that means, I have my chart list in a workspace in my computer, can I atleast bring up that workspace with a hotkey?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:52:12 AM

Worden Trainer

If the Charts are all Tool Windows within the same Workspace, you should be able to assign Hot Keys to Toggle Visible or Toggle Tab for the Chart's Tool Window depending on the desired functionality. Tool Windows are part of the Workspace.

What you cannot do is assign a Hot Key to a function built into Blocks Player itself. If each of your Charts is in its own Workspace, you could not assign a Hot Key to bring up File | Open Workspace for example.

Everything that can be assigned a Hot Key will be listed when you select System | Hot Key Mapping to bring up the Hot Key Manager. If the feature is not there, it cannot be assigned to a Hot Key.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jmr
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:48:30 AM
When I use backscanner I prefer to view the stocks identified with several chart types, when I manually go to file, open workspace, select my computer, and select the chart type I want, backscanner is turned off defaults to a system scan I am not interested in and I have to start all over again. I was hoping with hot key some of this could be avoided.

If I keep telechart open so I can use it to view backscan stocks of interest, the system is overloaded and unusable.

any suggestions?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:19:06 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not have any additional suggestions.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles