Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

label middle/bottom panels in telechart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
energized
Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:46:42 PM
Dear Trainer:
Is there a way to label either the middle or bottom panels in telechart with a name for a customer indicator?
I bought a add on package for telechart from Dr. Alexander Elder and in one of his custom indicators he labeled the name of the customer indicator with the name of the indicator. He used the following brackets around the indicator name {indicator name}. I tried it within telechart and I got a error message "missing argument".
Can you help me?

Richard Smith
Michael_T
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:42:07 AM

Worden Trainer

Richard,

There is no formal way of labeling the indicators in the window. However, the method you've described can work. Here's an example:
Closevs50xma) (C/XAVGC50).

If I put that as the formula for my custom indicator, the indicator calculates the second part (C/XAVGC50), but the first part (Closevs50xma). I leave off the first parenthesis on the name because the program automatically supplies one. It's a workaround that I use.
energized
Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:53:04 AM
Michael T:
Many thanks for answering my question regarding labeling a custom indicator in either the middle or lower panel:
I tried your suggestion by leaving off the first (, leaving several spaces and then entering the formula without success.
I entered:
Force Index) (C-C1)*V.
I still got the first error message.
What am I doing wrong?
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Richard Smith
Michael_T
Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 4:31:46 PM

Worden Trainer

energized,

I did mention this is a workaround...and your title proved it!

The 'o' in Force is being read as the symbol for Open...so if you make your title F0rce Index) (C-C1)*V (using a zero) it works.