Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Is the "X" Average in a PCF computed different from a chart indicator? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
indextrader9
Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:29:22 AM
I have a simple PCF as follows...C < XAVG(C,50)

However when I put up a 50 period exponential average on the chart, a few of the symbols chosen by the easy scan using the above formula are clearly above the average. What am I missing?

I've also tried C<XAVGC50 but still get the same results! The Xavg on the PCF is supposed to be calculated using the "LAST" price as of "TODAY" but the indicator on the chart does not appear to be the same formula used in the PCF???

Thanks ahead for your response.
indextrader9
Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:48:06 AM
Oops!

Sorry, kind of a new user and I just realized I had the bar chart seting on "2 day" as opposed to daily. No wonder things didn't match!

Sorry. Please disregard prior post.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:28:48 AM

Worden Trainer

I'm happy to read you were able to resolve the issue on your own. That said, it should be noted that while charted Simple Moving Averages should match the results of a Personal Criteria Formula, different amounts of data can be used for calculating a charted Exponential Moving Average (this can vary based on zoom), and the results of a Personal Criteria Formula will not always match the chart exactly.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles