Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stop loss Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
JDiStefano
Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:46:25 PM
How could I create a stoploss that uses the low of the day the buy condition is met?For example...stay in this trade(long) until x% profit or close is lower than the low made on the day the buy condition was met.
thankyou
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 6:40:47 PM

Worden Trainer

I cannot think of a way to do this using currently existing Blocks.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
JDiStefano
Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 7:05:18 PM
Thankyou Bruce.....if I want to see RBR's in a weekly chart, do I just change the Prices 1day block to 5 and display a weekly chart?

Thanks
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 7:11:01 PM

Worden Trainer

Either that or change the 1 Day Block to a 1 Week Block. It depends on if you want 5-Trading Day Weeks or Calendar Weeks.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
JDiStefano
Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2007 5:26:42 PM
There is a "current trade" block. green arrow used in trade stops..It seems the output of this block is the date and bars values..conceptually , it seems like easy coding.

If the Low on THIS day < Low on the buy date then
addtooutput(XXXX, true)
else
addtooutput(XXXX, false)
end if

loop back and look for tomorrows low etc...

few issues first I could not get a bar to t/f block to connect to the t/f arrow for the output, and I do not know how to "address" the info being passed into the block and I do not know how to set up an array that starts fom the date the trade started to inputcount-1. can you shed some light on this..

This is certainly a basic exit strategy that needs to be addressed..
Bruce_L
Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2007 11:30:29 AM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (JDiStefano)
There is a "current trade" block. green arrow used in trade stops..It seems the output of this block is the date and bars values..conceptually , it seems like easy coding.

If the Low on THIS day < Low on the buy date then
addtooutput(XXXX, true)
else
addtooutput(XXXX, false)
end if

loop back and look for tomorrows low etc...

If we were testing for the bar the trade was entered instead of the bar the condition was met, this would be trivial. We would use the First Value in Series Block on Trade History to get this value.

As you've already noticed, a Trade Stop Condition does have a Test Symbol Block with output that can be used to generate the entire Price history of the symbol. You want the value for a specific date in this series and it is outside the range of the Current Trade (it is the bar before). I can't figure out a way to use the Trim by dates or Value For Date Blocks on the Lower Channel to get the specific values desired. I have not been able to find a Block to extract the desired dates from the Current Trade data.

QUOTE (JDiStefano)
few issues first I could not get a bar to t/f block to connect to the t/f arrow for the output, and I do not know how to "address" the info being passed into the block and I do not know how to set up an array that starts fom the date the trade started to inputcount-1. can you shed some light on this..

The T/F Condition Block in a Trade Stop BackScan Condition takes TrueFalse as input. If you have a Date & TrueFalse Series, you need to select a specific value in that series by using a Block such as First T/F Value in Series, Last T/F Value in Series, T/F Value For Index or T/F Value For Date.

QUOTE (JDiStefano)
This is certainly a basic exit strategy that needs to be addressed..

The issues involved and Blocks required are being discussed.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles