Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

A Risky Microcap, China Noodles! Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 6:27:45 AM

NWD-New Dragon Asia,This tiny noodle & flour producer supplies a large crowd & had caught my eye with it's strong fundamentals a few months back. notice how TSV,MS & BOB have trended up since the August low.Thinly traded & somewhat risky, but it's valuations deserve a look at.
Wayne1x
Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 8:27:55 AM
NWD
stock has gone sideways for over a year
look at the long trem chart.
no volume,no options
not my stock
talk soon
gone chartinnnnnnnn
wayne1
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:20:39 PM

NWD is coming off it's 300% run & loosing volume momentum. Time for profit taking & look to re-enter on a pull back.
<:o)
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:39:25 PM
Hey Bucket shop, do you follow Jea Yu's trading style. Are you a daytrader?
Do you know about Tier synergy, noodles, and pups. Do you use level II and supermontage.?
What is your style?
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2005 4:51:19 PM

HI BigBlock,
Sorry the wait for my reply. I'm still trying to figure out my trading style after decades of exposure. The closest match that represents my methodology is swing trading. I still have the day job so I keep my trading expenses to the min., Level I, TC200, & a bookshelf full of training materials.I do have Jea Yu's Audio tape, "Level II Trading War Fare", among others. I use primarily Fundamental Screening & use Technicals for timing.
BigBlock
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2005 5:11:07 PM
Alright fellow sounds good. Because of the wording in your post I thought that you were into Jea Yu's kind of day trading.
Take care.
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Monday, September 26, 2005 10:43:40 AM

NWD Holding support above the $2 level & was up 10% this morning. One broker is following this stock with a strong buy rec.I think this little China co. is one of a few china micro plays with financials that are easy on the eyes. short term stochastics are moving off the bottom with TSV holding it's own. BOP remains in positive territory. Let's see if it will hold above it's 20 day MA.
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Friday, October 7, 2005 7:57:16 PM

NWD was mentioned on Mad Money today & Jim Craimer used this company as an example of how risky unaccountable china companies should be avoided. Of course this type of company doesn't fit in this shows criteria anyway. Mad Money exposure has a way of moving stocks the following day and may be just what NWD needs to get it out of the duldrums. A good sell off could bring back some insiders or the contrarian at a new trading level. Check out their major run after negative divergence in July. Obviously a ranch better or for the faint at heart with a high beta & volatility factor
schipperke
Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 8:23:10 PM
I heard Cramer on the NWD, and he was saying much of the sales of NWD were to family members. He also implied the latest stock offering revenue went in to the owners pockets.
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 8:42:04 PM

No doubt there are good companies with bad stock and bad companies with good stock and visa versa. What I ment up thier was "not a ranch better" . I have played this stock to some success over the last 3 years and it has been exicilerating to watch on a 5 min ticker. 100 to 500 share trades at a time. It now looks like a hangmans noose pattern. Or Jim could have it that gilatine button. With a beta of 3.26 and a volitility factor of 124, This one is no fun when it gaps down.Nonetheless this this stock will be on my radar screen for my small change speculator list if it can bounce off it's 200 day MA again.

schipperke
Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 8:53:59 PM
Notice the last five red candles, with a slightly positive BOP? What doe this tell?
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 9:11:42 PM

I noticed thursday & friday on my time & sale, it looked liked a lot of small bet positions getting out while there were still some major block buy ins. Not an optional stock. It closed out friday at a major retracment level. My Worden data shows hardly no institutional ownership & %shares held by insiders at 76.32%. This is contrary to what Jim Cramer claims. Good point, I will have to get a refreshment of this data.