Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stochastic Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mikelombardo
Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 6:56:15 AM
I sort all stocks by your scan-stochastic crossing up through 20 and when I check the trues they are not crossing up through the 20. Please explain.

Mike
markag
Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 7:41:55 AM
Hi Mike,

I just did the scan myself and you need to set your chart to the same settings as the formula, which in my software, is

STOC12.5.1 < 20 AND STOC12.5 >= 20

so in order to compare it to a chart, use Stoch12,5,1 simple for the chart settings, assign it to an EasyScan for All Stocks In System - I get 77 stocks returned.

Regards,
Mark
mikelombardo
Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 10:11:34 PM
That is what I did and got the mixed rwaults.
mikelombardo
Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 10:17:51 PM
Sorry Mark, I just tried again and it worked. I must have done something wrong before.

Thanks
Mike
mikelombardo
Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 10:33:20 PM
Sorry again, I just did the scan again and got a few coming up throught 20 but more going down through 80. What's up?

Mike
Bruce_L
Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2006 9:12:26 AM

Worden Trainer

mikelombardo,
My charts and Personal Criteria Formulas are both updated through 12/08/2006 Market Close. My charted Stochastic has the following settings:

Period: 12
SK Period: 5
SD Period: 1
Average Type: Simple

Stochastic crossing up through 20:

STOC12.5.1 < 20 AND STOC12.5 >= 20

Returns True for 79 symbols in the All Items in System Watchlist. I manually checked each of these symbols and, on a daily chart, all were below 20 yesterday and equal to or above 20 today.

Stochastic crossing down through 80:

STOC12.5.1 > 80 AND STOC12.5 <= 80

Returns True for 282 symbols in the All Items in System Watchlist. I manually checked each of these symbols and, on a daily chart, all were above 80 yesterday and equal to or below 80 today.

You may wish to review the following:

How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Customize your charts using Chart Templates
Adding, removing and saving indicators to a chart template

If you are viewing a Stochastic with the indicated settings on Daily charts, your Personal Criteria Formulas are updated and the symbols that return True for the above PCFs do not match your charts, you may wish to contact technical support to see if your installation is damaged.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM ET) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival. For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 (there is no phone support on Sundays, some Market Holidays or after 9PM ET on weekdays).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles