Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

SYXI .....Breakout ready? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ICanSee4Miles
Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 7:01:41 PM
Take a look at SYXI on a daily chart zoom=4 it appears to be a sideways triangle ready to break. All the MA's are stacked and it just topped the 20 MA today. Also MS is flying high. Volume is hard to get a grip on but OBV is at the ceiling, Aso tsv does not look bad...... any comments welcome.
DETOVREA
Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:56:30 PM
SYXI is an interesting chart: the monthly and weekly charts show the stock price to be in an uptrend, but the daily charts indicate that the stock started a downtrend about three days ago. Looking back, SYXI topped out around 48 in the August, 2000, to early October, 2000, period. Since then it has fallen and bottomed out around 5 dollars per share in 2001 - 2002 and never exceedeed 12 since then. I would expect the stock to recede to the 5-6 dollar range again where I'd consider buying it for another short runup to the 10 - 12 dollar range. This stock could play this type of runup and rundown for years and make you a lot of money. I'd put a buy stop at, say 13, just to take advantage of a good run up trend when it breaks above the horizontal 5 to 12 dollar trading range. Good Hunting
Remember, these are just my ideas and can not be construed to be financial advice since I'm NOT a registered broker or financial advisor. Okay?
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2005 12:18:39 AM
I think you better pass on this one. I do not see all the conditions in place for the breakout you are looking for.
Semiconductor group is not very hot right know in fact it ranks about 99. The last breakout in dec wasn't that exiting and end up pulling back. Under bullish market conditions it could be reasonable to keep it in your watch list. Under today's conditions, plus tsv about to cross 0 line, and accumulation out for about 2 weeks, and a volume pattern so dull. I would definately stay out. You are correct about the MS. But if you look at the weekly time frame and zoom all the way out you may change your mind. Also look at the volume in the weekly; increasing selling. It is definately intriguing.