Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TeleChart Too Slow Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ksoong
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2006 1:59:31 PM
HI guys,
I don't know whether it's just me or there is something wrong with your server over the past couple of weeks, TC takes forever to repsonse to a simple task, such as adding a moving average to a chart. Just in case you're wondered, I don't have one of those "huge" PCFs in my system. I think the server is overload, isn't it?
BTW, there could be a problem with TC2007 - it use 100% of my CPU Usage most, say 90%, of the time.
Thanks
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2006 2:02:30 PM

Worden Trainer

You never access our server unless you are downloading or streaming in data. Add indicators, moving from stock-to-stock is all down offline (even when you are streaming) and any slowness you see in these processes is not a connection issue.

I suggest you contact our tech team so they can look over your system and see what has changed on your system in the last few weeks.

Technical Support is available via telephone, live chat and email. Their hours are 9AM - 9PM EST through the week, and 9AM - 3PM Saturday. support@worden.com or 919.408.0542. Support is also available via live chat. You can go to the Live Tech Support Chat during business hours for live interactive chat with one of the Tech Support Agents.

- Craig
Here to Help!
jonahern
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 12:20:34 PM
I haven't been keeping track...but in the past year my tc has become so slow at times, it is unbearable to use - today i thought i'd quantify it... i click to change my watchlist and wait 15 seconds for the lists to pop up. and i don't know about you, but i'd rather stop using it than try to troubleshoot my system with tech support
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 1:23:59 PM

Worden Trainer

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know what is happening unless you contact Tech and have them troubleshoot.

Technical Support is available via telephone, live chat and email. Their hours are 9AM - 9PM EST through the week, and 9AM - 3PM Saturday. support@worden.com or 919.408.0542. Support is also available via live chat. You can go to the Live Tech Support Chat during business hours for live interactive chat with one of the Tech Support Agents.

- Craig
Here to Help!
hughb
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 3:58:59 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

My TC2007 was running very slow and the culprit turned out to be my anti-spyware program. I went to msconfig and disabled it from starting at startup and now TC2007 runs fine.