Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Using TSV and Moneystream with Indexes Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
auburnoib
Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:18:25 PM
Most of the indexs (other than that major) viewed on telechart do not show volume data. The SP 400, Dollar Index, DJ transports, etc are a few examples. However, telechart will plot TSV and Moneystream for you, how is this so without volume data in the system? I usually try to view an industry group or an ETF since i see volume clearly on my volume bars and and suspect TSV and Moneystream are more valid. Is this a concern or not? In summary, i am unclear how telechart can show MS and TSV, while not showing volume bars for the same chart.
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:43:54 PM

Worden Trainer

Nothing, technically, has no volume in TeleChart. You will notice that most indexes in TeleChart have the SAME volume every day.

MoneyStream, as part of its nature, will identify and compensate for this in its calculation. TSV still calculates but volume is no longer a factor in its changes.

With TSV, you are more likely to see divergences if the ticker has a changing volume number.

You may find this helpful:

Don Worden on the history of BOP and MoneyStream

- Craig
Here to Help!