Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Delta Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
DBELL
Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2005 8:48:38 AM
I find Delta very helpful in determining the direction of the market. From this I will trade only in the direction forecast. It is very helpful in determining short term swings as it keeps me in trades that the technicals say exit. Usually the 2nd or 3rd time the technicals say sell, Delta confirms. Definitely not infallible, but an edge.

Is there anyone else out there using Delta?

DBELL
Robin Hood
Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2005 9:05:47 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I have used Delta for 5 years now. Unfortunately, I was primarily trading the OEX options where I had very poor success. I was focusing on trading the intermediate term and had an insufficient knowledge of volatility. I have had major personal problems over the past two years and I have been in a basic learning mode.

I only started trading for myself in 1998. I have learned that it is more effective to trade the medium term Delta in the directions of the long term Delta and use the intermediate term for entry/exit positions.

Robin Hood
DBELL
Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2005 9:08:53 PM
This is pretty much what I like to do. I trade the ITD in the direction of the MTD & LTD and the key is to continue trading in that direction until the market or the new MTD is etched in stone. In the beginning I was allways in too early and out too soon only because I had an ITD at hand. Until confirmed by a longer period stay with the direction initiated.

DBELL
daboose
Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2006 8:46:48 AM
Just wondering you're still using Delta. I just found this post and am in agreement about having "an edge." I've found the "right side" of the trade by looking at both the MTD and LTD.
Lolita
Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:07:49 PM
01/10/06
Lolita
Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:10:10 PM
01/10/06
To: The trainers:
Could you tell me where can I find the delta for options?
I would appreciate any information.
Lolita
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:14:33 PM

Worden Trainer

Sorry, Lolita. This is something you'll have to check out on the web. If we Googled it, we can't post URL's here, so your best bet is to check it out on your own.

- Doug
Teaching Online!