Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

volume in shares traded daily Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
shank
Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:56:46 PM
hi

i am trying to put in one day volume into my scan

i do not see a place where i can put in the # for the volume minimum i would like

also, i have prepared a pcf which tests ok but after i include it in the easy scan and pull the stocks up there is no corosponding rsi # ranking the stocks -

thanks don
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:24:50 PM

Worden Trainer

Once you add VOLUME TODAY you can use the range selector to limit the values.

If you want a min of 50,000 shares today, set the condition type to VALUE and set to 500 to MAX.

Watch this video to see how the range selector works:

Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria

Your PCF is likely a BOOLEAN PCF (returns either true or false). You will need a seperate PCF that returns the VALUE of your RSI today so you can rank the stocks based on that indicator.

Watch this short video to learn the difference between a VALUE PCF and a BOOLEAN PCF

Constructing more versatile and reusable Personal Criteria Formulas

Give me the RSI settings you are using on the chart and I will write the PCF for you.

- Craig
Here to Help!
shank
Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:46:13 PM
i am having a problem finding volume today - i see volume option but it does let me give minimum share trade amount

my rsi settings are (RSI12.5 > 80 ) OR (RSI12.5 < 22 )

i would like to find those stocks on the djio and nasd which have the above repective 12 day rsi and trading more then 1 million shares a day with a share price over $25.

alos, when trhe list comes up there is no rsi # next tot he stock - can that be changed?

i understand the rsi has 2 veriables - the 12 day and a second # i was not aware - another trainer set the second # at 5 but at that # i am getting a liost of stocks out side the abover perameters

i have bothered you guys a few time before - this is not sinking in -
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:16:51 PM

Worden Trainer

Did you watch both the videos I linked for you?

Are you creating a new EasyScan (as shown in the first video I linked above)?

Are you clicking ADD NEW CONDITION (as shown in the first video I linked above)?

Are you choosing VOLUME TODAY there (use the type in feature to find it, as shown in the video)?

Are you setting the condition type to VALUE and using the VALUE numbers on the left of the Range Selector (as shown in the first video I linked above)?

Are you using the RANGE SELECTOR to limit the MIN value (as shown in the first video I linked above)?

You will use the same technique to limit the MIN price by also addin PRICE PER SHARE to your EasyScan and limiting the MIN price with the range selector.

Once we tackle this, we will take care of the RSI.... lets get your EasySCan set up first.

- Craig
Here to Help!