Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Pocket Pivotal Point PCF Indicator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
SweetAndSour
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:06:32 AM

I wonder whether it is possible to have either a column or a marker within the chart which is showing when a Pocket Pivotal Point appears.

The rule would be the following one:

- Todays buying volume is larger than the highest down volume day over the prior 10 days

- Current bar must close higher than previous bar 

- Current bar must either cross abouve the sma10 or sma50

The idea behind a pocket pivot is that one is buying the stock "in the pocket," as a less-obvious but valid and reliable buy point within the stock's base. 

Thanks...

bcochrane
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:02:01 AM

C > C1 AND

V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and

(XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50))

although FWIW, I don't beleive off the top of my head that crossing a MA line is part of the Pocket Pivot definition from Morales

There are other Pocket Pivot posts in DIscussion you can search for

http://www.aaiilosangeles.org/SkirballPresentations/Morales&Kacher091110.pdf

SweetAndSour
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:57:10 AM

QUOTE (bcochrane)

C > C1 AND

V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and

(XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50))

although FWIW, I don't beleive off the top of my head that crossing a MA line is part of the Pocket Pivot definition from Morales

There are other Pocket Pivot posts in DIscussion you can search for

http://www.aaiilosangeles.org/SkirballPresentations/Morales&Kacher091110.pdf

Thanks for you help. I've tested it and it works perfect.

I'm a VOSI member for many years, meanwhile the crossing MA is part of the PPP. Morales sometimes also refers that the close of the day should be in the upper 33% of the canlde however, that's only in rare cases.

SweetAndSour
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:06:28 PM

How would you write this formula so that you can overlay it as a histogram over the daily volume histogram, just using a different color? (sorry i'm a beginner writing PCF formulas)

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:14:54 PM

Worden Trainer

You could use the formula as written as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator with the Plot Style set to Histogram.

The histogram values will be either 0 or 100 (so all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom). If you want it to plot at different heights, we would need to know at what height you want it plotted.

If you wanted to plot it in the same pane and scale as volume with the value being either zero or volume to just change the color of the histogram bar, you could use a Custom PCF Indicator instead of a Custom PCF % True Indicator. You will want the Plot Style set to Histogram using the following Formula.

IIF(C > C1 AND V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and (XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50)), V, 1 / 0)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
SweetAndSour
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:57:58 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You could use the formula as written as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator with the Plot Style set to Histogram.

The histogram values will be either 0 or 100 (so all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom). If you want it to plot at different heights, we would need to know at what height you want it plotted.

If you wanted to plot it in the same pane and scale as volume with the value being either zero or volume to just change the color of the histogram bar, you could use a Custom PCF Indicator instead of a Custom PCF % True Indicator. You will want the Plot Style set to Histogram using the following Formula.

IIF(C > C1 AND V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and (XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50)), V, 1 / 0)

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your hint.

Using your formula in a Custom PCF Indikator gives me a "divide by zero" error. Any ideas?

Krgds

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:00:28 PM

Worden Trainer

It is supposed to give a divide by zero error so it doesn't plot anything at all when false. If you want to settle for plotting 0 instead, you can relpace the 1 / 0 at the end of the formula with just 0 instead.

IIF(C > C1 AND V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and (XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50)), V, 0)

That said, I would probably use the first version of the formula instead.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bostonbombay
Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:16:12 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi Bruce,

Can you create a scan for the Pocket Pivot to occur in 3 or more days in row in the last 5 days.

Regards,

Mika

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 11:06:13 AM

Worden Trainer

Please try the following.

CountTrue(TrueInRow(C > C1 AND V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10), 3) = 3, 5) > 0

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles