New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: SweetAndSour
About
User Name: SweetAndSour
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Custom Volume Histogramm
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:29:29 AM

I wonder whether it is possibile to build a formula which shows a volume histogramm (or a watch list column) with the volume based on 5 minute comparisons for the last 20 days. The values should be presented as relative values (percentage) rather than absolute values.

Thanks for your help!

Topic: Undercut last low and Rally
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:22:44 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I do not know how you want define consolidation, but the following checks for a 14 period ADX being less than 25. I also do not know how you wanted to stock must be higher than the previous day, so I used the close is higher than the previous close. I used 20 for N trading days.

C > C200 AND ADX14.14 < 25 AND C1 > C2 AND L2 < L3 AND C2 > C3 AND L3 < MINL20.4

Hi Bruce, 

That formula is pretty close to my idea. Just made a small change to make sure that the price is over the sma200:

C > AVGC200 and ADX14.14 < 25 AND C1 > C2 AND L2 < L3 AND C2 > C3 AND L3 < MINL20.4

It seems to give me a much closer result than just a rising sma200.

Topic: Undercut last low and Rally
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:46:43 AM

Within the past few months i&#39;ve seen a lot of stocks which are in a consolidation range, undercutting the lowest low and then finally setup to a new high und running through into new high ground. The idea behind that is the following:

Stock must be in an uptrend (sma200 is rising)

Stock must be in a consolidation range/area

3 days a go, stock must make a new low for the past N trading days

2 days a go, the low must be lower and the close must be higher than the day before

1 day a go stock must be higher than the previous day

Usually there is also a volume pattern behind that but that&#39;s something i have to sort out first.

What would be the appropriate PCF Formula for such a setup?

Thanks 

Topic: Indi Calculation - Make no match transparent
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 8:20:21 AM

I hav a question:

I would like to build a PCF formula. My base is the following one:

UP = (rsi(close,8) > rsi(close,14) and rsi(close,14) > rsi(close,19) and close > sma(close,9)) ? green : transparent

In PCF i have the following:

(RSI8.1 > RSI14.1) and (RSI14.1 > RSI19.1) and (c > AVGC9)

Is this correct and how can i make a "no match" transparent?

Thanks...
Topic: Pocket Pivotal Point PCF Indicator
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:57:58 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You could use the formula as written as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator with the Plot Style set to Histogram.

The histogram values will be either 0 or 100 (so all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom). If you want it to plot at different heights, we would need to know at what height you want it plotted.

If you wanted to plot it in the same pane and scale as volume with the value being either zero or volume to just change the color of the histogram bar, you could use a Custom PCF Indicator instead of a Custom PCF % True Indicator. You will want the Plot Style set to Histogram using the following Formula.

IIF(C > C1 AND V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and (XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50)), V, 1 / 0)

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your hint.

Using your formula in a Custom PCF Indikator gives me a "divide by zero" error. Any ideas?

Krgds

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:06:28 PM

How would you write this formula so that you can overlay it as a histogram over the daily volume histogram, just using a different color? (sorry i&#39;m a beginner writing PCF formulas)

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:57:10 AM

QUOTE (bcochrane)

C > C1 AND

V > MAX(ABS(C1 < C2) * V1, 10) and

(XUp(C,AvgC10) or XUp(C,AvgC50))

although FWIW, I don&#39;t beleive off the top of my head that crossing a MA line is part of the Pocket Pivot definition from Morales

There are other Pocket Pivot posts in DIscussion you can search for

http://www.aaiilosangeles.org/SkirballPresentations/Morales&Kacher091110.pdf

Thanks for you help. I&#39;ve tested it and it works perfect.

I&#39;m a VOSI member for many years, meanwhile the crossing MA is part of the PPP. Morales sometimes also refers that the close of the day should be in the upper 33% of the canlde however, that&#39;s only in rare cases.

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:06:32 AM

I wonder whether it is possible to have either a column or a marker within the chart which is showing when a Pocket Pivotal Point appears.

The rule would be the following one:

- Todays buying volume is larger than the highest down volume day over the prior 10 days

- Current bar must close higher than previous bar 

- Current bar must either cross abouve the sma10 or sma50

The idea behind a pocket pivot is that one is buying the stock "in the pocket," as a less-obvious but valid and reliable buy point within the stock&#39;s base. 

Thanks...