Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Did anybody swing with CBIO? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
traderlady
Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:18:12 PM
I just completed my Swing Strategy, and have two stocks that triggered buys (going long)Thursday, March 23rd both before the end of the day.

Because of volume, I would only be interested in CBIO.  If bought at the EOD on Friday, it would have returned 201.54 percent as of 10:09 AM PST today.  

Have a good day examining CBIO that could have been bought at $5.20 at Friday's Close and as of now is $15.94.

Its' High today was $18.88.

traderlady
Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:20:53 PM
Excuse a couple mistakes in my previous post.

I just completed my Swing Strategy, and have two stocks that triggered buys (going long) Thursday, March 23rd both before the end of the day.

Because of volume, I would only be interested in CBIO.  If bought at the EOD on Thursday, it would have returned 201.54 percent as of 10:09 AM PST today.  

Have a good day examining CBIO that could have been bought at $5.20 at Thursday or Friday's Close and as of now is $15.94.

Its' High today was $18.88.

traderc
Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:29:39 AM

Traderlady, what was your strategy to identify these stock candidates may I ask?

traderlady
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:56:36 PM

Most of my Easy Scans include several more criteria, but I believe I found this one with just three criteria:

AvgV126.1

% Change Since Open > 0,

Price>5.00

As columns, I use both Ask Size and Bid Size as well as using the maximum amount I will risk on any one day trade divided by Close.

CBIO was trading in the $5.00 range in previous days and opened on March 28th at $5.15.

In the case of CBIO, although the percent gain was amazing, the Bid Size turned out to be too low for me to take a significant position -- and thus to make a significant dollar profit on this trade.

I hope this helps a bit.

traderlady

traderc
Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:12:02 PM

Thank you very much appreciate the explaination

rctrade