New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: traderlady
About
User Name: traderlady
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 808
[0.29% of all post / 0.17 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Save Position by Screen Position
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 4:17:28 PM

Thanks!

Topic: Save Position by Screen Position
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 3:13:33 PM

With a 1Y then 5m chart, I am able to look back over three days. 

As I place Support and Resistance Lines at certain prices within this three-day time period, I am wondering if I need to check "Save position by screen position" in order to preserve lines at the selected prices.

Topic: Intraday Support Lines
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:58:08 PM

Bruce, I've thought about what you've said and redesigned my Resistance and Support Plots explained below.

On my RESISTANCE PLOT, I've placed H1=H on a Custom PCF% True plot along with XAvgC9>XAvgC12 for an UPTREND. On a TC chart, EQUAL HIGHS are not limited to two consecutive bars, but one can look back to see EARLIER EQUAL HIGHS.

Also, on my SUPPORT PLOT, I&#39;ve placed L1=L on a Custom PCF% True plot along with XAvgC9<XAvgC12 for a DOWNTREND.  On a TC chart, EQUAL LOWS are not limited to two consecutive bars, but one can look back to see EALIER EQUAL LOWS.

From what you&#39;ve said, I realize the CountTrue capability work differently than what I see on my Plots and Charts.

If you can work out a CountTrue formula for identifying the number of either Resistance Lines or Support Lines that occur, say in the last hour before the end of the day -- to be used in preparation for the next day&#39;s Open.

At the end of day, I am interested in seeing how many of 12 five-minute bars might show a numerical count.

How about trying the capability below for Resistance Lines:

CountTrue(b, x) ->

Where b = XAvgC9>XAvgC12 and H1=H

And x = 63

Not sure what -> (a numerical value indicating how many)

And, for Support Lines:

CountTrue(b, x) ->

Where b = XAvgC9>XAvgC12 and L1=L

And x = 63

Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:57:14 PM

Bruce, I&#39;ve thought about what you&#39;ve said and redesigned my Resistance and Support Plots explained below.

On my RESISTANCE PLOT, I&#39;ve placed H1=H on a Custom PCF% True plot along with XAvgC9>XAvgC12 for an UPTREND. On a TC chart, EQUAL HIGHS are not limited to two consecutive bars, but one can look back to see EARLIER EQUAL HIGHS.

Also, on my SUPPORT PLOT, I&#39;ve placed L1=L on a Custom PCF% True plot along with XAvgC9<XAvgC12 for a DOWNTREND.  On a TC chart, EQUAL LOWS are not limited to two consecutive bars, but one can look back to see EALIER EQUAL HIGHS.

From what you&#39;ve said, I realize the CountTrue capability work differently than what I see on my Plots and Charts.

If you can work out a CountTrue formula for identifying the number of either Resistance Lines or Support Lines that occur, say in the last hour before the end of the day -- to be used in preparation for the next day&#39;s Open.

At the end of day, I am interested in seeing how many of 12 five-minute bars might show a numerical count.

How about trying the capability below for Resistance Lines:

CountTrue(b, x) ->

Where b = XAvgC9>XAvgC12 and H1=H

And x = 63

And, for Support Lines:

CountTrue(b, x) ->

Where b = XAvgC9>XAvgC12 and L1=L

And x = 63

Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:50:50 PM

Let&#39;s consider the stock ALDR on a 5 minute chart  for where to place Intraday Support Lines.

Looking before the Close Yesterday, we see SIGNIFICANT SUPPORT involving EIGHT CANDLES at $10.14.

After today&#39;s Open, the first Support Line printed by TWO CANDLES at $10.50.

And, a second Support Line was printed by FOUR CANDLES at $10.94.

Each of these was found these with this Custom % True Indicator using my inputs below:

L1=L or L1=O or O1=L or L1=C or C1=L

My thinking is that Support involving a greater number of candles is more important to a trader than that involving as few as two candles.

Would you agree, Bruce?

If so, is there a way to use the new Count capabilities to find how many candles are involved in a Support Line?  My thinking is that this value could be used as a column.

Looking forward to your thoughts...

(which should be renamed "% True Condition" to distinguish it from the "Custom PCF Indicator")

Topic: 21-Period Bollinger Bands with 3 Std Dev
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:14:24 PM

How simple it looks now with the modulized capabilities!

Topic: 21-Period Bollinger Bands with 3 Std Dev
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:08:30 PM

Bruce, please pass along C>Top Line of 21-Period Bollinger Bands with 3.0 Std Dev.

Also, C<Bottom Line of 21-Period Bollinger Bands with 3.0 Std Dev.

Topic: Average True Ranges
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:01:37 PM

Now it&#39;s working per your instructions.  Thanks, again.

Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:00:16 PM

It appears when I click on the stock Symbol, but not when I click on Ema13. 

Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:58:22 AM

I&#39;ve clicked on Ema13, then "Add Plot Here", then search for "Custom PCF Channel Indicator", but it is not on the list.

I am using V17 ending in .28927.