New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: traderlady
About
User Name: traderlady
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,061
[0.37% of all post / 0.21 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Questions about Heiken-Ashi Formulas
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 10:53:07 PM

Bruce, I see in an earlier post you've said:

So if you have color based on Net Change then a Condition Formula for a green Heiken-Ashi candle would be:

O + H + L + C > O1 + H1 + L1 + C1

And a Condition Formula for a red Heiken-Ashi candle would be:

O + H + L + C <= O1 + H1 + L1 + C1

However, in testing these two conditions, I find that both the green and the red Heiken-Ashi Candles with your formulas may or may not have a shadow above or below. 

My understanding of Heiken-Ashi signal candles is that Bullish Heiken-Ashi Signal Candles have no lower shadows. And, Bearish Heiken-Ashi Signal Candles have no upper shadows.

Can these formulas be modified to reflect the above signals?

Also, can you please create a Heiken-Ashi formula for candles that have both lower and upper shadows (Dojis-, Near-Dojis&#39;-, or Spinning Top-type candles.)?

Topic: Heiken-Ashi Charts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:26:49 PM

Bruce, Can you offer a TrueInRow formula for a Heiken-Ashi candle with shadows below and above the body?

Topic: In v18, Copy Easy Scan is a missing function
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2018 11:27:26 AM

Hi Bruce,  Glad you&#39;re back and hope you had a great time off or vacation. 

I&#39;ve been using v18 and am sorely missing a capability that was in v17, but is now missing in v18.  It was the Copy Easy Scan function.  Within one Layout was an Easy Scan.  With this copy function, I could create a duplicate Easy Scan within that same Layout. Then, I could test each Condition or an Indicator (called Value in v18), one at a time, comparing and contrasting the results of the original Easy Scan to the duplicated Easy Scan.

While you were gone last week, I had a long discussion with StockGuy, but was unsuccessful in my explanation.

Is there any work-around to allow me to place a duplicate Easy Scan (or even a second Easy Scan which is empty of any Conditions or Values) in v18?

traderlady

Topic: In v18, does anyone know how to "Duplicate" a "Condition Set"?
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 12:28:49 PM

Thanks, I&#39;ll be awaiting that.

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 12:05:16 PM

Thanks.  I would appreciate having someone check the database to see if it is timing out. 

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 11:53:45 AM

I had previously copied and pasted this name in: 484) Long~All es5 180406

Now, per your suggestion, I&#39;ve typed in the name slowly.

Nevertheless, nothing appear evening though you&#39;ve shown that the name evidently exists in my very, very long list of previous Easy Scans. 

I conclude, I&#39;ve got a glitch in my v18 copy -- or I have too many (probably thousands) of Easy Scan names in my list -- to many for the system to handle.

Your suggestion?

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 11:09:58 AM

To repeat again, here&#39;s what I&#39;ve tried (over and over) and it does not work.

Here&#39;s what I&#39;ve tried.

New>Easy Scans>Condition Sets>enter the name of my condition set.  For example, I&#39;ve entered the following (which I have saved) and nothing happens.

484) Long~All es5 180406

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 11:08:40 AM

StockGuy, thank you for your quick responses.  However, I do not want to do either of the two alternatives you referenced in the above post.

What I want to do is to create a second Easy Scan within the same Layout as my original Easy Scan.  Ideally, I want to copy all the Conditions Sets within the original Easy Scan into the second Easy Scan as I was able to do in v17 with a phrase that included the word, Copy.

If v18 functionality, does not include this capability, then at the very least, I wish to create a second Easy Scan within the same single Layout (one of 20) that already contains an Easy Scan with a Condition Set that I have Saved.  This second Easy Scan would be empty of all conditions.

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 10:50:55 AM

In an attempt to just create a second Easy Scan within a Layout with an existing Easy Scan, I&#39;ve tried this.  New>Easy Scans.  In this case, no Easy Scan is created within the same Layout, so I cannot manually add conditions or values.

Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 10:49:05 AM

I&#39;ve done this within a Layout with the same Easy Scan 484) Long~All es5 180406 in an attempt to duplicate what used to be called Copy an Easy Scan (or some similar phrase).