New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: traderlady
About
User Name: traderlady
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,126
[0.38% of all post / 0.22 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Custom Formula to Overlay on Candles
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 2:13:10 PM

Hi Bruce, 

Using a one-minute real-time chart, I've tried various overlay ideas for one-minute Histograms overlaid on candles.

The custom formula I am proposing would represent the typical contrast between yesterday's total volume divided by 390 minutes (to create a one-minute volume average for yesterday) with each one-minute volume bar today.

In addition, when working with one-minute candles, I find it's best to back up the custom formulas to base them not on the current bar (which is still calculating in real-time) but the previous bar in which the calculations are complete.

The purpose of the new custom formula I am proposing is the reduce the number of Anchors I am drawing on Gaps Up.  So, when the value of today's one-minute volume bar (previous to the one that is now calculating) is less than the Yesterdays Average One-Minute Volume, then I would not Anchor a One-Minute Gap Up.

I am most appreciative of your help, as always,

traderlady

Topic: Combining Two Custom PCF % True into One
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 12:15:18 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  Each of your above PCFs works great.  I am using your third one because it further reduces the number of Dojis * 0.05 with sufficient volume that appear as Histograms on the candles.

Now, lets move on to the most efficient PCFs for 1) Gaps Up on one-minute candles with V>100 as well as 2) Gaps Down on one-minute candles with V>100.

Topic: Combining Two Custom PCF % True into One
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 10:21:14 AM

Let's use GLBS as an example today with a timeframe of 1D.

First, as a Histogram on one-minute candles, I've overlaid my Custom PCF % True for "Dojis * 0.05%" (see below):

ABS(O - C) <= ((H - L) * 0.05)

Second, as another Histgram, this time overlaid on Volume Bars is my Custom PCF % True for "V<100" (see below):

V<100

By doing this one can see there are a number of false or inaccurate Doji Histograms are overlaid on candles as well as the accurate ones.

The inaccurate or false ones are Histograms that occur on candles where the volume is less than 100 (hyphens).

To create an accurate picture, I wish to eliminate these false Dojis by combining my two Custom PCF % Trues into one.  I&#39;ve tried various ways to do this but haven&#39;t yet succeeded.

Can you solve this problem, Bruce, of somehow combing ABS(O - C) <= ((H - L) * 0.05)  minus V<100?

Topic: Gaps Up and Gaps Down in Percent
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:37:30 PM

Nice it&#39;s one formula for both gaps up & gaps down.  Thanks!

Topic: Gaps Up and Gaps Down in Percent
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:30:57 PM

Bruce, Do you now have formulas using new v18 capabilities for 1) Gaps Up and for 2) Gaps Down (both in percentages)?

Topic: Candlestick Body %
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:27:39 PM

Thanks for these new formulas, Bruce.

Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:41:01 AM

If the IFF formula for Body % is better, then can you change the formulas for Lower Wick % and Upper Wick % using IFF capabilities?

Then, would three IFF formulas equal 100 percent?

Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:24:33 PM

When I use the above formula for Body % below along with the two older formulas below for Lower Wick and Upper Wick no longer add up to 100%.  Previously, I had been given a formula for Body % without the IFF capability (which I had deleted).

IIF(H > L, 100 * ABS(O - C) / (H - L), 0

Can you please revise these so the total of the three adds up to 100%?

Lower Wick %:

100 * ((O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 - L) / (H - L + .00001)

Body %:

IIF(H > L, 100 * ABS(O - C) / (H - L), 0

Upper Wick %:

100 * (H - (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2) / (H - L + .00001)

Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:07:23 PM

Please provide an indicator (value) for candlestick body percent.

Topic: # Bars in These Timeframes
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:47:23 PM

I assume there are a maximum of 63 bars in a 3M chart, and 390 one-minute bars in a Today chart.

Can you tell me the maximum number of bars in each chart based on these timeframes (assuming one clicks on Today and then on each of the timeframes below)?

2m

3m

5m

10m

15m

30m

60m (1h)

2h

4h

Thanks!