Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bluegolf
About
User Name: bluegolf
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: financial sector question
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:24:34 AM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

The big question here is what will be left for the shareholders ....

Will the government take an equity position so large ... in exchange for it's infusions ... that it dilutes shareholders into oblivion ?

Exactly. Shareholders could be left with nothing.

QUOTE (realitycheck)

At this juncture ... the best that I can rate these banks is as a "trade" ... not an "investment" ...

But ... that's me ...

That's for sure. Is there anything out there that can be an investment in this economy? Maybe Metals...

Also, some of the rally yesterday could have been short covering. Is there still a ban on shorting some of the bank stocks?

I consider myself a partial owner of all the banks with tax dollars anyway. Don't expect a return...
Topic: financial sector question
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:02:15 PM
Yes. 
Will it? I don't know. 
I think they can get functioning banks that can lend again. 
But this will play out by the weekend. Next Wednesday anyway. 
The stocks will go up and down as the details are revealed and debated on.
There may be more bad news we haven't seen yet.
They all made too big of moves and too close to resistance now for me to go long.
I'll probably buy some puts once it peaks out, but I'll have to see what's going on when that happens.
Topic: Market Analysis III
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:47:03 PM
We probably will. 
Trend lines are made to be broken. They seem to anytime I trade with them anyway. 
Don't forget that China is spose to recover faster than anyone will and coal will benefit.
Oil will probably go up again eventually, and since we'll be unemployed and broke, that will be extra nice at the gas pump.
And at least one company can still make stellar profits when we're staying home watching movies all day.
Topic: Any Good Ideas To Make Some Quick Money?
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:19:45 PM
Looking for some good trades on stocks that move. I'll play it up or down with call or put options. If it's at support or resistance, I may do a bear call spread or bull put spread or I may do a calendar spread if I like the fundamentals. 

Low priced stocks like JASO are somewhat scary before they are actually earning money. 
Topic: swing trader's nightmare
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:10:29 PM

Yeah, I sold off positions yesterday while they were high yesterday because of being burned 2 weeks ago with the head fake.

We were just about to take off last week, and then MSFT announces early...

Guess I'll have to be patient and play coming back down...

Think gold is going higher, but don't want to jump in after that nice run, missed my enter back at 813 or so.

I would buy some call options on PCAR today if swing wasn't so erratic.
PAQBX 4.6 X 4.9.