Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: endsley
About
User Name: endsley
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 45
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: formula help
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:22:00 PM
20 bar high, followed by price close below 20 bar high.

Thanks
Topic: Formula Help
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:46:21 PM
Thanks.
How would you reverse the formula to show the opposite - 20 day high followed by close lower than previous day high.
Topic: Crossover
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:20:39 PM
Can I get a formula for the 8-period EMA crossing the 21-period EMA.

Thanks
Topic: Formula Help
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:39:44 PM

Can you create a formula for a 20 day low in a stock, and the following day the price closes above the 20 day low.

Thanks

Topic: Need PCF
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:38:42 PM
I'm looking to analyze price bar spreads and want to know if you can write a pcf for:

today's price bar is at least 50% longer than the price bars for previous 5 days.

Thanks

Topic: PCF Help
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:47:37 PM
I use the following custom indicator on the price bars to show a 50% retracement of the highest high over the last 250 days:
maxh250*.50

I want to use the formula as a PCF for my scans.  I need help in determining whether you give the formula a value, list rank, or market rank.

Thanks
Topic: HUN - Ready for reversal?
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:41:45 PM
Good call DavidJohn on CVH if you went long yesterday.  I'm still waiting for HUN to settle.  For that matter, waiting for the entire market to settle.
I do like to collect option premium every month, so I sold the 40 July calls on WCG with a buy stop at 39.
If it reverses, great, I collect premium and the gain from 39 to 40 if the stock stays above 40 at expiration.
If it keeps going down, great, I collect premium and that's that.
Topic: HUN - Ready for reversal?
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:29:43 PM
DavidJohn,
Take a look at HUN.  Things are settling into a tight range after 5 days.  I want to wait a few more bars, but I'm thinking this could be a good candidate for a reversal.
Topic: ? for davidjohnhall
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:42:27 PM
Excellent, thank you fine sir.  I'm anxious to add these to my chart scans, as I think you are right on with your gap reversal ideas.  I am just beginning to discover the technical brilliance of TeleChart.  What a powerful program for such a bargain price.  From time to time I would like to run some chart possibilites by you.  

I know there has been a lot of discussion on the pros and cons of TradeGuider's VSA.  I have spent some time on their webinars and think they accurately illustrate the impact of volume and price spreads as a predictive tool.  But, for $1,299, I'm not yet sold on the value.  It would seem to me that their volume analysis could almost be duplicated with the proper PCF's in TeleChart.  Have you ever thought about that?

Again, thanks for your help.
Topic: ? for davidjohnhall
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:35:05 PM
Hi David,
I'm fairly new to Telechart and the forum, but have read several threads where you share your strategies and analysis.  In one particular thread about VSA, you elaborated on  one strategy as it relates to entries after a volume spike and gap.  You illustrated this with a chart for APOL.
Coincidentally, that is the first thing I scan for with TC.  My wait period is a little longer, typically 10 price bars after the gap, before I consider pulling the trigger, depending on what the weekly chart looks like.  I also like to see what the 10 day linear regression looks like on the volume bars after the surge.
Anyway, I strongly agree with your strategy and have a question about the four custom price indicators you use on the price bars.  Would you share your thoughts on how you use these indicators?

Much appreciated.