Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

LR30 confirming Sig's calls Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:03:15 PM

DJ-30, SP500, Nasdaq, BGU, FAS all are below the LR30. VIX, VXN, BGZ, FAZ are all above LR30 and near LBB20. 

Time to be exiting longs and/or setting very tight stops.
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:43:13 PM

Look at the charts of the DJ30 and the Naz, granted they are not cup and handle (no flat bottom) but, similarly, look at the way the handle is drifting upward on slimming volume. 

A rather bearish look.
tobydad
Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 7:03:00 PM

The market is doing its best to turn around from the looming drop and keep moving upward, Indexes look like it's struggling to go higher. 

I'm surprised but I keep tightening up my stops on my longs and most of them keep climbing anyway. 

Portfolio up another 15% this month on long positions....
hiromj
Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 7:24:42 PM
Yea. I am thinking the same thing. The bulls and bears are having one hell of a battle. The S&P closed above the magic 875 level but not very convincingly. So, I will hold my short positions a little longer. I am really hoping for a big break to the downside (sorry to all you longs).

O.K. everyone, here is my contribution to this forum. I am short and I seem to be always wrong so........
mmscottyb
Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:18:27 AM
Although all my indicators (including time and price) have me sidelined for anything longer than a day trade and the idea that everyone has been expecting a "turn" in the market has me not entering any short positions for longer than a day trade also.  The market seems to prove the majority wrong.