Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hiromj
About
User Name: hiromj
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 267
[0.09% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CIT
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:10:09 PM
I have been away for a while (back in the states) but just looked at CIT. Man, what happened? From $0.05 to over $30.00 in one day. Too bad my call options didn't follow.
Topic: Couldn't get any more bearish! Dow30(market setting up for a dive soon)
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 3:08:38 AM
Looks to be a very interesting 1/2 day of trading. Now the Dow futures are down almost 300 and S$P down almost 39. Maybe high volume for a normally low volume day.
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 1:10:06 AM
Dollar down also.
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 12:18:22 AM
Dow futures down almost 260 now at 1:15am EST Friday after Thanksgiving. May have something to do with Dubai.
Topic: S$P
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:29:44 AM
We have a new high for the year. 1100 as of this writing.
Topic: FUEL
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 11:14:45 PM
QUOTE (hiromj)
Just looked at FUEL and it looks like there has baan a lot of accumulation in the past few days. Looks ready to pop. .

Sure did pop.
Topic: Mini ES Brokerage Questions
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 9:36:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the input.

Now, I have been looking for a post but can't seem to find it. Someone posted how the IRS taxes the E-Mini and I would like to read it again. Does anyone remember where this was? (I have a feeling I know who will come up with the correct answer). I was within the past couple of months.
Topic: Taxation - Mark to Market
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 1:03:47 AM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

QUOTE (rysa)
other point is - If one is experiencing losses 2-3 years in a row, they sh'd definitely consider a different line of business altogether...

Agreed ....

But remember ....

This isn't a race ....

The market will always be there ....

There will always be opportunities ...

You merely have to survive until you can develop your skill set ...

Start small ... and stay small for at least a year ...

The trap that most folks fall into is that they start small ... they have a short string of winning trades ... and all of a sudden they're a "genius" ... they have it all figured out ....

Since they have it all figured out ... they start making big bets ...

And the market hands them their butt .... and they never trade again ...

It will take time ... not trades .... to experience what the market is capable of giving to you ... and taking from you ...

Just take it easy ....

And remember to have fun ....

As life is too short to spend it any other way ....

This is a very good post realitycheck. 
This is exactly what happened to me. I saw my first few trades raise my account balance by 20% in two months. Everything I did turned to gold (and gold was one of the trades). I was a "genius" and the sky was the limit. I quickly increased my position sizes and that was about the point I got my butt handed to me. Fortunately, I was able realise my system shortcomings and get out before I destroyed my account. I am now back to papertrading a new system and will not go "live' again until said system is well proven and burned into my brain. But, so far, so good.
So, I had to laugh when I read your post.
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:57:15 PM
IB said they "indeed offer market direct access", whatever that means. At this point, I will probably stay with TOS for a while. They have been good and will reduce their commissions.

rysa, I have no idea what a bust request is but I am sure someone on this board will ave an explaination. I am looking forward the the explaination.
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:10:03 PM
QUOTE (driger)
QUOTE (rysa)
Found out that IB will charge $10 per month Inactivitiy Fees.   This will be reduced by the amount of commission generated for that month, If it is less than $10.

I am thinking of giving IB a try.  Any other surprises we should be aware of ? 

i've tried them. they are very good. stocks, commodities, futures, foreign markets, all in one. gotta take a test to approved for an account, though.

Really? Never heard of that. How difficult is the test?