Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watch out not to get gored ! Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:50:04 PM

this a signiffican't upswing is starting.. 

10 day reversals are at 768 for the un trend filtered scan.
Trend filtered (my 3 ma's) is 132 items.

Trifecta scan is lowish and the new lows is higher than the New high.  

looking for pullback longs could pay off here but in the down trend it can be dicy also. Still these are signifficant numbers I think.  And with the bulk of stocks OUT Of the Bearish condition scan I'm covering the rest of my shorts here.

There are tons of charts that are pulling back to test what look like "W" or "head and shoulder"  bottoms.  It's getting interesting on the long side again.

the 10 day low reversal is an early entry.. TSV and Moneystream look not the cleanest on many of those entries but lots of them work out fine.. that said there re plenty of them with good TSV and moneystream .  I'll try to list some later.
DJOlde
Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:34:57 PM
I hope that you are right, but don't forget tomorrow, Jan 16, is Jan Option Expiration Day and historically, exparation days tend to be extremely volatile. 
scottnlena
Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 12:18:50 AM

not shure i'm trading tomorrow.  Just a heads up.

issues that look good to me at first glance.  ONLY thing  most have poor MACD or STOCHASTICS  profiles.. BUT it's a really early entry In the past I've found that the best you may get on MACDH 12,26,9 is a shorter bar.  Favoring longer term indicators or possible divergences may help.  I make no guarantes.. some of thes on he weekly look like they are rolling over also.

MVSN
MMS
RNR
AWH
AEM
COCO
VPHM
AMSC
SPAR
PHH
ONXX
DLM
NCMI
GDX
HANS
CVLT
VR
TTEK
DAL
GILD
URS
AGP
RGLD
ORLY

There were tons of Gold stocks.. pick yoru favorite they are all giving the signal today.  To visualize it plot the MINL10 on price chart and on price scale..Then you are looking for the tap of the line and then an up day the same or following day.  entry as I envision it is a Buy stop limit over the high or the signal candle.. stops trailed according to condition.. daily lows or the MINL10 line. Or start MINL10 and if you get lucky and get a parabolic move switch to daily lows.