Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Analysis Suggesting Major Buying Opportunity Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
progster
Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:52:32 AM

I've prepared an analysis and discussion (using StockFinder) that suggests a major intermediate-to-longterm buying opportunity in the current market.  Enjoy!

funnymony
Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:38:08 PM

the problem is this a bottom-picking exercise.  just not my style. oversold does not mean buy.

theres no rule that says the market or economy can't get  worse,  the bear market can't  last years longer, and  drop much farther. the bear of 2000 lasted nearly 3 years. what about japan(paulsen and bernanke's model.)? wheres their market 18 years after the bubble burst.

and  a lot of money has dissappeared and gone to heaven, not the sidelines.

other than some short term trading. i'll wait for a trend change.

cheers
realitycheck
Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:44:00 PM
QUOTE (funnymony)
wheres their market 18 years after the bubble burst.

I know ... I know ...

At about 20% of it's all time high ....

And when the tech bubble burst ... the NASDAQ composite fell to about 20% of it's all time high.... in about 33 months time ....

And as perposterous as it may sound ... a similar decline in the DJIA ... would simply take it to the lower side of the middle band in the supercycle chart ...

So ... what's a "good buy" relates not to what it sold for yesterday ... but what it will sell for tomorrow ...

johnlc
Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:45:16 PM

does anyone recognize GhostMM?     the writing seems to be familiar.    while the topic is available,  who has an opinion on buying trading methods.   

realitycheck
Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:49:34 PM
QUOTE (johnlc)

does anyone recognize GhostMM?.   

Yep ... somewhat familiar ...

And although he doesn't seem to have a post in this thread ... if you click on his screen name, it appears that he did post in this thread detailing the seemingly arbitrary application of the rules here concerning links ...

diceman
Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:06:13 AM
"does anyone recognize GhostMM?"
---------------------------------------------

There was a familiar weakness.

Thanks
diceman

realitycheck
Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:20:01 PM
QUOTE (johnlc)

i don't understand the moderater's rules.     

Perhaps that is because they seem to be in a constant state of flux ....

QUOTE (johnlc)

w_ _ .  etis_  dot com.

Some days ... and for some people ... this is a link ... and not allowed ...

While other days ... and other people ... seem to be able to hotlink whereever they like ...

More than anything else ... this is what seems to be the major agitating factor to BB, Hushai, Cushai, etc...

And it seems ever increasingly more difficult to believe that it is unintentional ...

johnlc
Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:50:12 PM
reality:    i hope i can read between your lines correctly   (unintentional)   ------      " let's get BB out of here on his own terms?  "

i certainly hope not,  imdao (in my dumbass opinion)  i thought his posts are informative, they get the most responses and views.    take it leave it for what it's worth.   

i want good information, don't worry about hurting my feelings.    sensitivity is not a top priority with me.       

ben2k9
Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:59:26 AM

progster,I agree with funnymony here. This bottom-picking is a dangerous exercise.People have been picking bottoms all year long and racking up nice losses.You'll be much better off waiting until the trend change, and not having your money tied up in a falling market.Besides, there are better places to have your money now that are in an uptrend...UUP for example.
Captain Jack
Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:44:42 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
"does anyone recognize GhostMM?"
---------------------------------------------

There was a familiar weakness.

Thanks
diceman

I agree Diceman, fairly easy to spot. Johnlc I agree with you that his economic analysis was right on. If only he stuck with that he would have been more loved. Look back into his early threads say 2005, 2006 in most cases he was lucky to get any responses. He was made a legend due to recent events and colorful attempts to create a variety of "Aka’s" The very thing that he was so displeased about with another character that I will not mention.  I would love to see a comic book character built around him. I am not kidding I really believe that there would be value in it. We have a built in arch enemy; I mean it writes itself.

johnlc
Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:50:00 PM
i thought the only enemy we had was the market when it turns against what ever postions we're holding, except for ftportele on another post but that was diceman's fault.    when one is rather new at this trading game, one appreciates any suggestions provided by others of more experience.   it is then up to the receiver to use or not use the information.   same as when a KNIGHT posts a system that they may have developed,  that system may be fine for some and not for others.    

like the other day i posted some dumb hypothetical question about a bottom.   i think it was tobydad who corrected me by informing me that a bottom doesn't exist until an uptrend occurs.   well i'm sure i read that in a book somewhere, but it didn't stick.   now i'll always remember that situation.   just small things like that are always appreciated, i'm sure just not by me.    i certainly don't take any offense to being corrected.  i welcome corrections. 
Captain Jack
Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:59:01 PM
John, I agree. The true enemy is not in being wrong, but in staying wrong. A quote from someone on another forum that I suspect is Bigblock. He is a wise man with many years of experience. He just needs to learn how to get along with the Wordens.
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:32:08 AM

QUOTE (realitycheckedtwice)
You know I find it funny that everyone gets all out of shape over BB, his site, advertising, and all of that.
Why?
I see folks doing the dot thing, and partially mentioning names.  Looks like the the anatomy of a chinese village.  All scare of the big bad boom
Well I just found out that you can just find all of that out by right clicking on any chart, and opening properties.
Kind of amazing all the info you can see there.
Interesting that the intelligent folks of this board never thought about that.
Just a thought.

What, in heaven's name, is "the anatomy of a chinese village"? And are you giving us an instruction or just making a statement when you say, "All scare of the big bad boom."? Is this similar to "All hail the King"?
And how do you know that "the intelligent folks on this board never thought about that"? Have you asked any of them? Or do you really think that there are any? Aside from you, of course. 

Oh, yes, one last question, do you really mean that you just learned that you could right-click on a picture and look at its properties? 

Just wondering.
diceman
Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:16:22 AM
Remember tobydad this is "surreal theater".

We have BigBlock pretending not to be BigBlock
analyzing BigBlock.

We have one who has been banned from the board
multiple times pretending to give an unbiased opinion
of the board.

I think I see Rod Serling in the corner.

Thanks
diceman
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:09:41 PM

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sights and thoughts. You are entering the Twilight Zone. 

LOL, Dice. LOL
johnlc
Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 8:28:38 PM

when you attend a major sporting event , there are programs available that list the players names and uniform numbers.    maybe we could get an ALIAS LIST.

diceman
Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:46:20 PM
Uniforms typically have 2 numbers.

We would need more.

Thanks
diceman
tobydad
Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 5:16:05 AM

Yeah, but nobody gets a number in jousting.